Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Toys R Us didn't prepare me for this....

So the Rents were down yesterday for my cousin's wedding and it was so good to have them in town and to see some of my family. We got to the Bountiful Temple (which I had never been to before and it's gorgeous) and I found out that I was going to need to babysit my cousin's cute 3 month old baby. She's super tiny and adorable! All was well until she needed a changing... Well, she didn't like that part too much and decided she was going to cry--really loud. Now, this wasn't just an "oh that's a cute little baby cry" like the toy dolls you can get at the toy store that cry (or like my friend Mariah who can make the EXACT sound of a crying baby. omg. so funny). Nope. This wasn't like that. She was SCREAMING at the top of her lungs IN the temple! Toy's Are Us didn't prepare me for this....

I felt so bad for her and really didn't know what she wanted, obviously, and she just wouldn't stop. I tried everything. Even the nice lady in the bathroom felt so bad for me and and was trying to help (probably because she realized I was about in tears.) hahaha.

It didn't help that there was a super cute guy wearing a plum tie in the waiting room who kept staring at me and probably instantly thought.. "oh, she won't be a good mother...Next!" idk. But he kept starting at me.

Then another tween girl in the waiting room said "don't worry, God won't give you anything you can't handle. So when you're ready to be a mom he'll give you an easy baby!" RUDE little girl. What is that supposed to mean?

For the record, she really is a good baby but yesterday made me realize a lot of things about myself and being a mother. I blame doll manufacturers.

I think it's also apprpriate for me to mention that I saw some of the cutest guys at the Bountiful temple. I thought, "oh that family must just have good looking brothers or something." but there were two other weddings going on around the same time we were there and all the groomsmen were SMOKIN hot. Even mom looked over at me and I could tell she was thinking the same thing I was.

There was one group who walked in wearing suspenders and I probably drolled a little. They were sporting this look:



Ok, you're right. They weren't Zac by no means but they were looking good. I should probably just start going to the Bountiful temple and walkl around the temple grounds to "ponder" while I also scout out all the hotties. J/k that would be creepy. But let's just say: The Bountiful temple was overflowing with cuteness yeseterday.

2 comments:

Jacque Butterfield said...

Haha, funny...but...should I feel hurt?

Jenn said...

Absolutely not!! All babies cry. Me=CLEARLY not ready to be a mother. clearly :) ...yet!