My day at work yesterday was pretty crummy. You all know that I love my job but sometimes I just want to yell, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, PEOPLE? SERIOUSLY!" I finally got to the point at the end of my day where Olivia was starting to get in my way (if you don't know who I'm talking about then you aren't a faithful reader and I probably don't want you knowing about her anyways).. Moving on. So I decided that I needed to pulled myself out of the situation; I left just so I could breathe. I don't like Olivia. She's annoying.
After work I really didn't want to go to institute after that day but my brother wasn't going to have that. Of course Olivia had to come along too. She wasn't over her lame day either. Cole decided he was going to get off work early so we could go. Only, he didn't leave when he intended too which meant that we were going to be 10 minutes late. Side note--Olivia hates being late. Like, really hates it. And it bugs her when other people are late too.. Don't we set a time for things so you can be there at that time? Not 25 minutes later. If that were the case we'd set the time for 7:25. I digress.
Cole came to pick us up and Olivia's heart was beating super fast because not only were we running late but everything from her day was just piling on top of it and stressing her out. Of course I wanted to calm her down and the only thing I could do to help her was to tell her to just close her eyes and focus on her breathing. It worked. She was fine. Institute was fine. It's always fine.
We even stayed and played games after institute and went Geochaching with some new friends in the ward who are so fun!
On the topic of Geochaching: Awesome. Granted, it was a bit cold out but I totally felt like I was a treasure hunter a little. Haha. If you don't know what it is. Google it. I did learn a few things on my first Geochaching adventure.
1.) There are TONS of caches hidden all over South Weber.
2.) Just because it has a difficulty of 2 stars out of 5 doesn't mean it's easy.
3.) There should be two rules:
a.) always go to the bathroom first espcially if you are a girl
b.) Don't wear flats, especially cute ones because you will most likely have to run a bit.
4.) One person in our group said "all boys are stupid and all girls are crazy." I responded saying that I'm switzerland on the issue and that I don't think I'm crazy. One kid called me out saying "anyone who says they aren't crazy are usually crazy." well...you read my blog. He's probably right. boooo. Like I was going to admit it! But I guess the moral of the story is that we are all a little crazy.
5.) People, if I see a beehive in the winter sitting on a light post that is buzzing... I'm GOING to immediately freak and think there are bees in the hive!! The same kid, after explaining to me that we weren't going to see snakes because they hybernate in the winter and seeing my response to the beehive.. responded, "Do I have to teach you about things that don't come out in the winter?" rude. bahahaha.
6.) yea... Maybe I'm crazy and STUPID. nice.
OK, all in all, It was a really good time and everyone we went with was so fun! I forgot all about my crummy day at work and all about dumb Olivia and was myself. Take that CRAZY!
1 comment:
Tell Olivia she needs to go on a vacay, a LONG vacay! Did I tell you I love you, because even though you were having that hard of a day you still helped me out? WOW...that's all I'm going to say about that. Peace and Blessings love!
PS - totally trying this geocaching stuff!
Post a Comment