Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Go drink a bottle of yourself, Evian"

Fact: Ice water is my choice of drink. Add a straw and you've really got me!

I mentioned at the beginning of the year that one of my new year's resolutions is to not buy bottled water during 2011 (unless in a different country or when in a pinch where it becomes a necessity) and so far, as expected, it's not even a problem.
These little gems make it easy:
I carry my black one (with the flip straw) everywhere I go. Not only do I continue to fill it up, ensuring that I'm getting all of the water I need in a day, but I feel just a little better knowing that I'm being a little more cautious than before when it comes to waste and doing my part in helping this situation:



Yes, I'm still traumatized from my trip to the landfill with my dad...I read that nearly 90 perfect of all consumed bottled water isn't recycled. Instead, it's thrown in the garbage leaving it to go to landfills where it can take up to a thousand years to decompose.

I won't get too deep into it.. I don't want people calling me a Tree Hugger--although, *side note*, some people don't mind that title.. ie: the car I stopped behind the other day with the following license plate:


Really people? Really?..

If you go through lots of bottled water, I won't judge. I've purchased my fair share of them as well. But it's just a suggestion to save a little money and invest in a Nalgene bottle of some kind. If you don't like the taste of your tap water...purchase a Brita. They come in cute colors and make the water crisp and delish. I have this one in my fridge:

Not only will it save you money but it just makes sense! And if you are still going to drink your plastic bottled water/sodas.. Recycling will help :)

Thanks for letting me vent!

No comments: