Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Little Escape.

In the life of the LDS single, there are multiple opportunities to gather during the week to learn and to have fun.

Sunday: Church. Monday: Family Home Evening. Thursday: Institute (where we are currently learning about the bible).

I attended all three days this week and even went and visited a couple of girls from Church at their homes on Wednesday night. Even though things in my personal life have been a little stressful I love the moments I get to go and be around people that I really enjoy and look up too...it's nice to have those times set aside to be able to forget about all of the craziness that is going on even if it's just for a couple of hours.

I think everyone needs some time like that in the week--Time to escape from themselves.It doesn't have to be church related stuff but it needs to be something that makes you step away from all of the stress and craziness. For me, it's just keeping busy so I can stop thinking about myself for one minute!

Suggestion/Challenge: Think of something nice you can do for someone you love and acutally do it--go all out! When you start thinking of others and the things you can do to make thier lives a little better you will forget about yourself and your problems for a little while:) Who knows, that in turn could make that person want to do something nice for someone else. Just try it. I will this week if you do ;)

After Institute last night a few of us decided we were going to play the game "pounce." Needless to say, my hand-eye coordination isn't the best BUT thank goodness it was a game that required STRICT concentration so I could kindly avoid the guy who was trying to get my attention all night and playing Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited" in my ear...umm.. more like, "Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?!" hahaha awkward.


Anyways the game was super fun as I was on the same team as reader Jacqueline who is pretty much the coolest everrrr! She's my blogger buddy in the ward :) You can check out her blog here!

One of our friends also introduced us to a sweet skill involving glow sticks on strings. Reader Jacqueline and I were intrigued to say the least. Watch the wicked sweet skills of some random person we don't know:



Pretty fancy, ya!?


Umm... Jacqueline...I think we have a lot of work to do if we want to be THAT good! haha.

Happy Friday, People!





No comments: