Like this morning I woke up to not only a crap load of snow but also to an extra 15 minutes tacked on to my commute because people think.. 'Oh, there's snow on the ground, I better CRAWL to work.' Annoying. But I digress.
The main reason for questioning my exsistance in this state: I feel like I never left BYU-Idaho. Awwwww to live in a state/town where you don't have to explain/justify to others the fact that you are single and a mormon.
People at church (guys and girls) will ask "Are you dating anyone!?" as if it's the first thing you need to know about someone. Puhlease! Sometimes I just want to quickly respond "No, I'm a lesbian." Joke, I'm totally not! But I would like to see the faces of the people at the singles ward after my response. BAM! Shock factor. That's how I do.
But really, I might as well start wearing something like this everywhere I go in this state to avoid everyone and the local hobo on the street from asking if I'm dating anyone:
Yes. I'm LDS. I'm graduated from College. I live in Utah. AND I'm Single. Get over it people :) This wouldn't be considered a plauge anywhere else for a 23 year old. Just sayin'.Note--I'm not completely bagging on Utah. I've met some great people and for the record, I love my ward! There are just some funny things that I don't think I will ever get used too.
2 comments:
Bahahah! Jenn I always tell all the nosey women at church that I am a lesbian!:) This post reminds me of the movie Never Been Kissed when the Carney yells out "SINGLE--GOT A LONELY RIDE IN BUCKET FIVE!" Jenn--maybe no one is gonna wanna buy the whole ice cream truck when you’re handing out the popsicles for free:)
23 sister? Try 26! It's like the plague. My favorite question I get is "oh so you're going on mission then?" Like it's the only other option in life. I'm so sure! Miss you kid!
Post a Comment