The first thing I did was dig into the old year books! Where better to find information about someone's past than in their year book? (Ok, maybe a journal would have been better, but this is next best!) And don't pretend that you haven't read someone's personal stuff before. I know we've all done it. Some maybe more than others, but still, this was my Dad! It doesn't count.
Well I spent a good hour going through his stuff. I found out that he was a little player on and off the basketball court! haha. I loved reading the mushy stuff from his senior year especially from one girl (who is actually my aunt's sister and we see her all of the time!) bahahahah. It's good stuff. Way good.
The best part was going through all of the newspaper clippings. My dad was a star on the basketball team. Yeah, it was Notus High but still. Almost every article talked about how my dad was the high scorer of the game and how he was 6 ft 6 and the other teams worked hard to block him. I could just tell that he really loved basketball and was really good at it!
This got me thinking. I hope that someday when my kids go through all of my stuff that they think I am as cool as I think my dad is :) We can only hope. Oh man, I better go through my stuff and rig it now. haha. Just kidding. I was cool. ish.
No comments:
Post a Comment