Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The dreaded "What If?"

Random fact about Jenn: I always try to take away life lessons from movies I watch. I know, "Not everything you see on the big screen is real." However, I really believe that there are great lessons to be learned in each movie you watch that you are able to apply to what you are going through in your life at that particular moment.

Last night was a night out at the movies for the Hansen sisters. We decided to see two movies in one night which is quite the experience when it's not at the drive in. We saw the movies "Letters To Juliet" and "Robin Hood," both of which are very good. Note--If you are going to see Robin Hood you have to go into not expecting it to be the same as the Robin Hood with Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman and the lovely Christian Slater.

"Letters to Juliet" is a great love movie about a women who searches for a long lost love after almost 50 years. I loved it. Possibly because the morale of the story, or the lesson to be learned, deals with something I have been struggling with a bit. I think we all do at some point. This concerns the question of, "What If?" and living with regrets.



There is a point in the movie where one of the characters talks about the "What If''s" in life and talks about living with regrets. Something she said really touched me when she said "...All you have to do is have the courage to follow your heart."

I don't want to be the person to live with regrets and always wonder "WHAT IF?" I know that feeling. It's not a good feeling. Well, I walked out of that movie last night ready to conquer all of my fears about certain things. Yet still, I'm here to say that it's not that easy.

...I'll have to let you know how it goes.

No comments: