Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How I see it--ATTN UTAH FRIENDS: See note in red.

I don't know how many times I've preached, "let people do what they want!" At the same time, I don't know how many times in the last year and a half that people have laughed at me for saying what I think and telling it how I see it.

This last week I've realized how blessed I truly am to be able to form the kind of relationship with most people that allows me to let them do what they want but at the same time let them know exactly how I feel about the situation or what they are doing and still have them not take [too much] offense. I mean, they wouldn't come to me if they didn't want the advice and if I was too rude to everyone I wouldn't have any friends....right? Well, I don't care how many times I get laughed at for "calling it how I see it." At least I can sleep at night knowing that the person I care about [whoever it is] knows exactly where I stand about whatever the situation is and that I love them.

So here is me calling it how I see it this week:
note--most of these are just tips for myself that I want to remember.

Call me (or someone you trust) BEFORE you do something super drastic--especially when the consequences could be permanent. After 5 minutes of talking it out, if you still think it's a good idea then, by all means, do it!


Slow the EFF down. With life in general. Life is too great to rush right through some of these really good parts you’re breezing through. stop. breathe. enjoy it.


There might be times when you feel like no one would understand and that there are no words to explain the way that you feel about certain things, so you do something out of the norm to make yourself forget or to prove something to yourself or to others. I get it--Do what you've got to do. But don't completely forget about the deeper issue that made you do that thing in the first place. Yes, I said issue. A mess shoved under the bed is still a mess... You can't just cover it up forever and hope that no one sees it. Eventually someone sees it. Find the words and maybe even try saying it out loud. We can start there.

Some people need to open their eyes and realize that their actions effect other people.  If you know that decisions you're making are indeed effecting someone else's future (whatever the situation)...you should try talking to them about it and figuring your crap out so they can figure their crap out!

I can really feel some changes coming for me and it kind of stresses me out a little when I think about it. But then I take a step back and listen to what I would tell anyone else and I catch my breath. I'm just saying some people better hunker down because home girl has to talk crap out too. For now, just stay tuned.

Everyone needs a day or a night for themselves. So don’t think that someone is mad or upset when they do. They probably just need some “me time” or just sleep…or really, it could be anything ;)


Oh yeah, with that--This is me announcing that I will be staying home tonight and trying to be in bed by 10:00 pm. *insert jaw drop of disbelief* So any good news, gossip, questions or hanging out after 10pm can wait until tomorrow :) You know I love you but it’s got to happen for my sanity! [There, I did it. Proud, Nieko?]


With love. xoxo,
-Jenn
(Don’t even get me started again on the reveal of Gossip Girl last night. Ugh!)



No comments: