Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sometimes I Paint.

I love painting.  I'm not good at it--I know this.  In fact, I have multiple canvases hidden in my closet of projects that I begin but never intend to use as wall decor.  I just paint to paint.

There's just something about mixing the colors, listening to music, feeling the stroke of the brush and thinking deep thoughts.  I think my favorite part is starting with a blank white canvas and just creating whatever I want to create.  Most of the time I have nothing in mind--like below--and something just happens.  Other times I have something in mind and I end up going in a completely different direction.  But the beautiful part of it all is that I can make it however I want to make it (abilities limiting of course).  





Many times I will even take a canvas that I've previously painted and I will cover it up with a thick base coat and just start over and create something new simply because I can.

Painting is kind of like life.  We get to choose how we create it.  Sometimes we mess up and we might not like how things turn out but we can choose to brighten things up and start over or add things to make it better.  It just takes some creativity and some hard work to make it the masterpiece we want it to be.


Note--I really did have a deep thought as to what last night's painting (above) was supposed to represent.  But everyone interprets things differently so I'll leave it to your imagination :) 

I won't be hanging it up but it was still fun!

1 comment:

dlpower said...

I love it. I have a desire to be creative all the time but my inability to paint, draw, etc stops me most of the time...ha I can only design on a computer.