Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Sometimes I just have so many thoughts in my head that I just start typing and this is what happens" post


1--I'm thinking that 2012 is going to be a year of weddings.  I mean I've already heard some June talk and every year, especially as I get older, there is always someone super close to me who gets married. But for some reason I have a feeling that this year is going to be a bigger year for the M word.  Not sure why.  Maybe that has something to do with the fact that living in Utah the topic comes up just a little bit. More than at BYU-Idaho sometimes..like at dinner, bonfires, truth or truth, basketball games, potty breaks, testimony meeting, texting, [...yeah pretty much everywhere.] Maybe I'm wrong, though, about it being a big year for it. Time will tell.  All I know is that yesterday morning as I was walking from my apartment down to my garage, I saw the moon and it was big and beautiful but like, super creepy at the same time and the first thing that popped into my head was.. "OMG. Some big changes are in the midst--hunker down." Maybe the moon thing had something to do with all of the werewolf crap that's on TV and junk but I still started thinking about a few people here and there and some big changes that could be in the midst for them.  Weird. Point of that whole thing is that I just want to be the first one to write it down this year so that you will all owe me a prize if I'm right.  Jk. But if I am right, I will smile, we'll all get dressed up, and we'll celebrate.  If not...well, we'll still get dressed up and celebrate in all our single-ness or whatever, deal? :) uhhh, all I know is that I better crack down on the G part of my GTL like MAD CRAZY just in case.

2-- I love that I can instantly connect with certain people.  I'm not sure how it happens but it just does.  It's like "Oh Hey I'm Jenn" and then not too long after, I'm telling you deep things about my life and trying to give you advice about yours and vice versa.  It's just funny how fast it happens sometimes.  There are so many interesting people in this world and I love it when I make a good connection with someone new.  Each person I've felt that connection with over the years has given me a different perspective to life... I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to the people you meet and the people you "connect" with. You just have to figure out what you're supposed to learn from each of those people...

3--I'm officially boycotting the Bachelor this season.  There are too many other "REAL" things on TV to stay caught up on right now and not enough time to do it. Yes, I'm talking about the Real Housewives, Jersey Shore, Mob Wives...and other Teenage High School dramas. haha. Something had to go--Sorry Bachelor--Take your bimbos, fake love, girl drama and thousands of make outs and shove it. Bring back the Fat Bachelor (More to Love) and I will consider surrendering.

4--I don't believe in awkward silence when it comes to family or good friends.  I think that if you want to say something then you just say something. But if there is a moment where you don't have anything to say, I think that's fine.  Don't make it awkward by drawing attention to the moment that shouldn't  have been awkward in the first place. Silence isn't always a bad thing. Take it for what it's worth from the girl who usually super loud and chatty..

5--I've decided that some people should just let certain people in their lives play cupid or life coach more often.  I know, I know... "But it's my life--you don't know me like I know myself." wrong.  Sometimes I think that people from the outside looking in know you and what you want more than you might know yourself, making their advice just as important to listen too.  AND, might I add, that because they are out of the situation it puts them in a better state of mind to make certain decisions on the matter.  This happened this summer with one of my homies and I know he appreciates us for stepping in. Of course, I understand the whole agency issue or whatever. You can still do whatever you want. So if you don't want the advice then kindly ask the person to step down.  That's totally fine.  But if you have someone in your life who gives you advice and you think that they are really smart and your heart tells you that you should listen to them then maybe you should just do it.  Whatever you choose--just commit to it.

6--Just because things don't go a certain way, it doesn't mean that the world is over.  I feel like people are so whiny and depressed over the weirdest things these days.  [So and so] doesn't like you back--you cry. You pout. you give up.  [Dream Boy/Girl] doesn't make a move, [Princess Gorgeous/Macho Manly] doesn't show they're interested...and instead of getting up and doing something about it or communicating things with words, we mope around for days and well, let's be honest...Moping/frowning causes wrinkles and it's kind of annoying to everyone else around you.  Challenge--don't whine or complain unless you've tried to do something about it :)  *I don't mean to offend anyone at all because I know we've ALL been guilty at one point..But it gets old :)*

Ok. phew. Lunch break is over. I'll stop ranting. BYYYEEE.

2 comments:

Savanna said...

I'm boycotting the bachelor too... after the first episode I was like I cannot get those 2 hours of my life back... Peace out!

Amy said...

Maybe you'll be the one to get married this year and that's why this year is the year of weddings:)