This, of course, made me remember...Olivia, my crazy alter ego I introduced to my blog just for fun at the beginning of the year, and how nice it was to finally have her almost completely under control. If you haven't been a reader for a long time, then you most likely don't know of her.
It might surprise you, but {olivia} used to over analyze and worry about EVERYTHING. This about sums her up:
You know what I'm talking about. The kind of person who thinks, and thinks, and thinks until they finally get to the point where they feel like they are going to explode or they make up things that usually aren't even true and set themselves up for failure because they are so negative about a situation or have zero faith in themselves? I could go on and on but we'll just call it, "Self Destructive."
It was no bueno. Until one day, my brain got tired and I realized that I was the only one in control of my thoughts and that speaking my mind and asking people the right questions (communication) was the best and only way to put my mind at ease about whatever I was going through.
Que Sera, Sera!
I just learned to take it easy and that there was just no sense in worrying about things that were out of my control..
Sure, I have a few itty-bitty Olivia moments every now and again--I'm not perfect and I can't help my little OCD moments. But she's pretty much a thing of the past.
I guess I can celebrate two great things this week:
Happy 6 Month "Death" to Olivia
and
Happy 6 months knowing my Utah Homies!
:)
2 comments:
Love it and Love you!
I have worked with you longer than 6 months, and not once have I heard of any "Olivia" character...in the words of Wendy, "I don't even know you at allll" but glad she's dead:)
Post a Comment