Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blame it on Olivia.

This week there was a topic on the radio that was all about Alter Egos. People called and texted in saying that when they have a little too much to drink their Alter Ego comes out...one guy called in and said that his alter ego was a asian women named Brenda. OK. Maybe they were smoking too? But really, what about the peeps who don't drink?


The whole ride to work I thought about myself and wondered if I had an alter ego I just didn't really pay attention to? Do I have a 'Sasha Fierce' or a 'Slim Shady' inside of me that tends to come out in certain situations that is a tiz out of my 'norm?' Of course I do.. I guess I just haven't embraced it by giving it a name. I didn't realize that so many people actually do!

Brittany Spears claimed, "whenever I feel like being mean or possibly bossing people around, it's kind of easier to be called Mona Lisa." hmmm...Ok, B. Spears, OK.

I've decided that I have one prominent alter ego that I wish to formally disclose and embrace for the first time: *note--If drunk people can blame their ridiculous actions on their "alter ego" then I choose to do the same... but it's just for funzies...I promise, I'm not TOTALLY crazy.*

Meet Olivia. Olivia hasn't ever been told by a doctor that she is obsessive complusive but sometimes goes through kicks where she is determined that she is. She can't STAND elictrical cords showing when they shouldn't be, wants everything to match or look close to perfect, has to do things a certain way, doesn't like clutter.. in fact she gets panicky when she's around it and is sometimes even brought to tears, and when she has her mind set on something she's set on doing them RIGHT then. She's a bit of mess. However, the good news is she's doing better. Olivia doesn't come out very often and she gets annoyed that she feels the way she does about stupid little things but really just can't help it. 2010 was the year for dominate apprerances of Olivia but she hasn't really made any big apprearance in the new year!

I don't really care for Olivia and her obsessive ways, but I'd say that we're friends. I try to support her and help her get through things when they are tough and I really do think she is doing better. I've learned things from her though... like how to put on a great party/event without the need for everything to be absoulutely perfect and without panicking. Really, I guess her and I make a great pair. She just has to be controlled every now and again. I've just taught her how important it is to just breathe!


Oh, and don't think that I'm crazy, I'm just having fun with that part of me that comes out every now and again and I really can't help it. It's not like I'm robbing banks and saying, "Oh, that wasn't me, it was Ruby... you know.. Ruby the Robber." That would be straight up crazy.

Think real hard... I know you have one too--A part of you that comes out now and again and does harmless things and you think "What the?" Give it name!








No comments: