Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mixing Paints.

I may not be good when it comes to painting, but I could sit and mix paints for hours. My favorite thing to do is to take pure white paint and mix small amounts of black making different shades of Grey.


I love Grey. It's always been interesting to me that there are so many different shades of Grey and that each one is so unique and beautiful.

So why, in life, do people say that there is only Black and White and no Grey areas? I mean, we know that's not true when it comes to paint. So does that mean you can choose to obey the rules a little here and a little there and sit on the edge?


Lately I've been faced with some situations in my own life and in the lives of others where i've questioned if it's OK to sit in the Grey for a while. I've come to the conclusion that I've spent most of my life working toward getting out of the Grey--the indecision. I am working toward adding the white and getting rid of some of the gunk but it's hard sometimes!


I can face the fact that no one is perfect; I'm definitely not! But I do know that there are some situations where it's got to be either you're in or you're out, you are or you're not...especially when other people's feelings are on the line (sorry, very passionate about this today!)


To those people who always seem to sit in the Grey in the most important decisions of their lives... Pull it together! You are the artist of your own life. Choose the color you want to use, commit to it and make it the best darn painting it can be. If you slip up, own it and fix it. Don't waste months or even years trying to decide what color you are going to use or being so cautious that you never take risks....If you do, you are only risking the chance to paint/create something beautiful.









4 comments:

Alex Trost said...

obsessed!!

Jon said...

Well put. Great grayscale graphic!

bed said...

i found your blog by accident. I am another one that in love with the greyscale. what you said is exactly in my head.

Matt said...

at least there aren't 'fifty shades or grey'! heheh