Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Uhaul=Death.

I've always wondered what it would be like to "move home." After reaching the goal of graduating college, which I still can't believe a did about a year ago, my goal was to get a job that would prepare me for the next step in life. I'm still not sure what that is just yet but don't worry, I'm working on big things. Maybe that will lead me back home to the Treasure Valley someday, but as of yet.. that's just not in the cards.

However..The big sis Jamie has made that step with her little family. This weeked the whole family was together to help unload the 26ft Uhaul of all their "stuff." Let's just say.. good thing I don't like keeping things around because I would NEVER want to move again if I had as much stuff as they do. Yeah, yeah, I know it adds up over the years and they have a whole family they were moving, but it's crazy how much stuff you can accumulate over time!

Since James and Regan had to follow in their pickup to get the 4 Wheeler down, I guess Jamie decided it was the perfect time for Sibling bonding? No joke. All three of us piled into the uhaul and hit the road to Star, Idaho going 70 mph MAX. It was awful. I mean, I love the bro and sis but really?! We were crammed in that thing. Coles legs jammed into the dash, me in the middle with no where to rest my head and Jamie freaking out because her seatbelt kept locking. Uhaul=death.



Once we arrived it wasn't so bad. We helped them unload the uhaul into this cute little house in a Subdivision off Can Ada Road. (thank goodness for the 3 little Russian movers who packed the uhaul in Utah because we never would have been able to cram as much stuff as they did in that thing).



That was about the extent of the weekend. No kidding. I mean, sure I went to church, watched a couple of movies with the Rents, had a conversation with my grandma about "sacred parts" and other unmentionables... but that was about it! It was a quick trip and I hate that they are moving away from me. But I'm happy they they are going to be in Idaho and that they can raise their family in that area. Because, let's face it...Things just feel better in Idaho. Maybe someday I'll be back there but for now, I will just say, Congrats Jamie on the move! And dear Mom and Dad.. I'll probably be coming home more often to visit the baby.. I mean you too of course!

No comments: