Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up--Lessons Learned

1.) For the longest time I've been against all things donut (for many reasons I won't go into).  However, without thinking, I ordered the Pancake Puppies from Denny's this weekend when we went.  I'm not sure what I thought I was getting.  I guess I just thought they were cute little pancake balls. haha. omg.  Even though I only ate three of the little guys, I might as well have eaten 30 pancakes or a couple of large maple donuts instead.  Although mighty tasty at the time, the Puppies make you feel icky. Plain and simple.

2.) No more super late eating out at crappy 24 hour food joints for a while.  Village Inn and Denny's in two days?  Ew. We're gross.

3.) All relationships are a two way street.  Both parties must put forth an effort.  If you think someone is stuck up or that they don't like you and you haven't put forth an effort either then they most likely think you are stuck up and that you don't like them as well.  Haha.  So... if it's worth it, just be the bigger person and make the effort.  If not, then drop it and move on with your life.  nbd.

 4.) What is a joke to one person can be bothersome to another. Sometimes we have to find out the hard way but it is better just to know...

5.) Don't jump to conclusions.  As an outsider you don't always know people's true feelings or where they stand when it comes to their relationships or their chaotic life in general.  Things aren't always as they seem and things aren't always as dramatic as we think they are.


6.) Give people a chance.  They might not be a Zac Efron or Emma Watson, they might be younger, older or you might think they are a touch strange, but people at least deserve a chance.  Let's just say, I  watched "The Help" this weekend and it made me want to be more accepting of everyone for who they really are, not just based off what society tells us is "normal" or who is considered "better" than someone else.  This can be hard sometimes but who knows, that person you thought was strange at first could turn out to be a really great friend! 

7.)  When planning to have a fire in the wilderness, remember that you aren't Tom Hanks in the Movie Castaway and that you do have resources that can be packed beforehand.  Save yourself time and bring the things you need like paper and gasoline...:) but, if you forget, then at least make sure you have an Easton, Anna or Nieko with you who will eventually get the job done right :)

8.) Always make sure you have your phone before leaving ANYWHERE. Especially at a Denny's at 2 am.  Who knows what kind of whack job will get ahold of it and what they will do with it. 

9.) If you do a good job in your calling at church or make yourself known in a new ward... you WILL get asked to speak in sacrament and it WILL be on something that you know you need to work on and you WILL most likely feel like crap. Never fails. 

10.) Some people will never change and some will remain an uncrackable mystery forever...

These last two aren't lessons but they are worth mentioning from the weekend:

**** Live porcupines in the wilderness are AWESOME.  Pretty sure we saw the biggest one on the way back from Basin on Sunday night.  You better believe that we turned the car around to get another peek.  I got home and googled them and you know how I really love tiny things, right?..well LOOK at this pic of baby porcupines. omg! I will excuse their creepy/poky/needle hairs and say that they are cute because they are so itty bitty.




**** Finally, I was in love with the weather this entire weekend.  So much, in fact, that it was probably the thing I mentioned the most.  Saturday at the concert, Sunday in the mountains with the fire, last night on my balcony sipping sonic drinks, BS-ing about life, listening to music, watching {E} do his Spanish Homework.....Fabulous!

I'll miss summer but I'm ready for the beautiful transition into the Fall :)