Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

National Single's Week


Yesterday was the official kick-off to National Singles Week.  So, if you're single and you woke up this morning not worrying or giving any thought to the fact that you are indeed single, well, sorry...You get a whole week dedicated to the fact that you aren't in love.


 uhhh, Thank you..?

haha. I'm not bitter at all.  I just want to know where the crap my presents are?!? It's a celebration and to me, that means prizes.  So why isn't there a fictional character that leaves candy and gifts or money on your pillow as a surprise for when you wake up during Single's Week?  Can't the singles of the world get some love too?!


I guess one of the joys of being single is that we can buy presents for ourselves and not feel bad about it. So, you know what? I'm going to buy myself a gift this week in celebration of the fact that I can!  I'm not sure what I'm going to buy yet but I've had my eye on some cute boots and a super cute jacket.  We'll see. I might buy both :)  Oh, and let's not forget that some of my SINGLE friends and I are going on our trip to NYC in less than 20 days. Yep.  I'm not bitter. 


I was reading today online that there are an estimated 82 million single and unmarried adults in the United States.  82 MILLION.  And that's not counting the single people in other countries! So, from one single person to another--you're not alone so embrace it while you can.

No. I'm not saying that you should have that mentality that you want to be single forever just because it's easier and you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want. haha.  Don't kid yourself into thinking that will be fun when you're old and alone. Everyone wants to be in LOOOOOVE some day.  I'm just saying that it's OK to celebrate your single-ness while you are single and what better excuse than during Single's Week? 


So...buy yourself something!  Go out with friends. Stay out late.  Use it as a good excuse to ask a fellow single person on a date; go on multiple dates if you want. [Playa, playa! jk] Remind yourself of the things you are looking for and starting working on becoming that kind of person.
Don't settle.

You're single--Not Dead.  
CELEBRATE:)



2 comments:

Amy said...

ha! where did you hear it was single's week?

Jenn said...

I recieve daily emails from Singles Annoynmous. haha j/k. I just heard it this morning from my friends on 97.1 ZHT :)