Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snake Girl? omg. THAT just happened!

You usually can't go to the fair with out two things--Greasy food and at LEAST one "WTF" moment.  We experienced both at the Utah State Fair this weekend.

I told all of my friends that one year at the Western Idaho Fair I paid 50 cents to see the world's largest pig.  No joke.  They had it set up like a freak show.  Of course,  I paid the money to see the pig.  It.was.huuuuge!!!

So, what do you think Nieko and I did when we saw these signs?


"Uhh.. I think I'm going to have to pay to see this one."  -Nieko


And so we did.  Everyone else went to go on some rides and we paid the money to see the "ANGEL SNAKE GIRL." How could we not? The man on the loud speaker had such a good story about how it was "the head of a beautiful woman and the body of an ugly snake."  We had to see it! (Oh, and don't worry that the price was some how pumped up to $1 when we stepped up to pay.  Dang Con-artist Carney. He was good at his job.)


I really wish we would have video recorded our experience.  I don't really know what we expected to see but I know we were both a little hesitant to look over the rail.  We didn't even step up the little steps.  We just quickly peeked over at "IT," looked at each other without saying anything and quickly walked away busting up laughing for about 5 minutes straight.


BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously so funny.


It wasn't real.  Of course.  I'm not sure what I thought it would be, honestly.  But I was so embarrassed when we peeked over to see a women who had her head peeking through a hole in the large table that had a large FAKE snake wrapped around to appear as though it was "THE HEAD OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND THE BODY OF AN UGLY SNAKE." WTF?!  


I know I only looked at her for like, less than 5 seconds before I got so embarrassed and walked away, but she wasn't even beautiful.  She just looked at us and even told us to have a good night.  WEIRD. So Weird.  BEYOND weird. haha. I can't even do justice on this blog as to how I felt at that moment.  WTF moment for sure.


After Nieko and I contained ourselves, we walked over and convinced the others in our group that it was real and that they had to just go and experience it for themselves.  We just really want them to feel as dumb as we felt. haha.


All in all it was a great night at the fair.  It was the first time going with people who acted like the smell of the animal barns was the worst thing on the planet...  If only they knew what the "Stink Room" at Rocky Mountain Fireworks and Fur smells like. hahah. They would D-I-E!


The rest of the weekend was good too...


I successfully prepared my talk that I gave in sacrament meeting today.  
Had time to run some much needed errands. 
Played tennis ({N} and I worked on our accuracy by attempting to hit each other with the ball every time we missed something we should have hit.  I think it helped:)) 
Got Tased.  Like from a real tazer. yeah...My friends are special souls.


Oh, and as I type...I'm doing a practice run baking my first loaf of real homemade bread in preparation for my linger longer next week. And I kind of enjoy it.  OMG. WHO AM I?!

No comments: