Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy 2 Years @ FC.

I want you to picture where you were two years ago.  What did you look like? who did you hang out with? what were your insecurities? What were your goals/ambitions? Who were you, really?


As I contemplated these questions this morning on my commute to work I realized that I've truly changed a ton over the last two years.  If you didn't know me back then...well... count your blessings.  I was a bit of a wreck for a while. haha. OK, Jk.  But I was just in a major transition period of my life and it was a little stressful.


Two years ago today I was a recent graduate from BYU-Idaho with a slight obsession with tanning, who had zero friends in the area, was trying to heal over some drama/heart ache, had a small distaste for Utah and my reason for needing to be here, was scared out of my mind about the future, and was anxiously rolling up to my first day on the job at FranklinCovey.  Can you believe that was two years ago today?!  I can not.


Within a matter of weeks I realized that I couldn't have asked for a better starting job out of college.  I work with wonderful people who have truly become great friends and I'm acquiring skills and experience that I know will benefit my future.  This morning I was really able to recognize the Lord's hand in every step of my life that has gotten me to this point and made me this person that I am and for that I am so grateful.


Today I'm really overwhelmed with how grateful I am to be where I am today and for the people who've helped me get to this point.  For roommates in college who helped me realize my talents and pushed me down the right career path, for a sister who made the right choices to bring her to Utah where I knew I needed to go too, for Idaho friends who made me realize that life is too short to care what other people think or to get caught up in things that don't matter, for parents who've supported me and loved me through every decision I've made, for the Utah friend's I've made in the last year who've accepted me for who I am, and for Franklin Covey for giving me a shot.


I wouldn't be me without any of these people or the experiences I've had over the last two years.  I know I still have a lot to learn but I'm excited to see what's around the corner!  Most importantly, I'm happy.  


I just need time to slow down a bit.
It.has.FLOWN!!!!


oh how I love a nice self evaluation on a lovely Friday in June (can you believe it's June?) dang.


Happy Anniversary to Me!...mmm... does that mean I have an excuse to eat a cupcake or something?! gah.

3 comments:

Savanna said...

Uh love you! You really have come a long way! Happy Anniversary!

jaym_lyn said...

You're Welcome! :o)

Jessica Erin said...

This warmed my hear! I'm so glad i'm getting to know you!!