If you follow me on Instagram then you probably noticed that the girls talked me into going camping this weekend with their ward to Lava Hot Springs. Anyone who knows me knows that, even though I was raised on a farm, I'm not huge on "Spending the night outside" AKA camping. Plain and simple, I don't like being cold, I don't like peeing outside and I ADORE my bed.
If it's warm and there is running water/bathrooms then, oh yeah, I'm totally in; I can handle sleeping on the ground. In fact, if we have those two things at least (sun and running water) count me in! I knew the weather wasn't looking too promising so I was bummed about that as we were getting ready to leave.. BUT, I knew that I would be missing out if I didn't go. Despite a few tent issues and a little bit of wind and rain, we had SUCH a fun time! We ate junk, went swimming at the pool, soaked in the hot springs (A LOT), laughed a lot, hung out with some great people, met a couple of interesting characters, and cuddled up in the tent. Oh and get this.. I didn't even take my down comforter like I normally do, I shared my pillow and sleeping bag with Jess and I STILL didn't freeze..Did I mention it was raining? Bless that tent with the broken zipper that had to be shoe-laced up, bless that huge sleeping bag of mine that kept me and Jess warm and bless Liz and Jess for letting me sleep in between them :)
I've said it before that you learn a lot about people when you go on vacations/trips with them. I will add that you especially learn a lot about a person while camping. I'm sure the girls would say "Jenn is still just as dramatic while camping." And they'd be right. I mean, hello--It was raining and the tent wouldn't zip up. It was kind of a camping nightmare for a second. But I'd say that we did a really good job of making the best out of it; We still managed to laugh a lot and even though it was windy and a little cold on the day we were supposed to be swimming we still loved it and we STILL went swimming. Sure, some people didn't pack pants or a pillow or a sweatshirt, but we laughed it off and improvised. We learned that some people don't sleep while camping, and some people get really annoyed if they are woken up early (and don't remember certain things when they are apparently half asleep). Really, you learn a lot about a person while camping.
Honestly, you really just have to be surrounded by the right people to make it a good time!
| This is clearly the BEFORE picture... before we looked super Not Cute. |
Really, I'm going to miss that girl. I officially hugged her goodbye last night and I wanted to cry. I'm so excited for her upcoming adventures in Australia but we'll miss having her around everyday. Thank goodness for Skype, blogs and Fbook!
LOVE YOU, VICTORIA :)
------------------------------------------------
Speaking of loving technology. I love FaceTime simply for all the times I get to talk to this boy :) He's so freaking cute.
![]() |
| He's not walking yet but he stands pretty solid!! |
| Talking to Aunt Jenn |
| CHEESE! Riding his Horsie. Jamie said they ate at Red Robin this weekend and he "MOOed" at the carousel horse. haha. silly boy. |
| Ok, excuse my face. I was sunburnt and was BUSTING up at him. This boy puts his legs up like that ^ to ride his horse. So funny!!! cracks me up. |

2 comments:
Mason is so freaking cute! OMG! And you are so tan and beautiful! Next time I'll have to join you at Lava!
Remember when we went camping and Hyrum had been home all of 1 day off his mission? And we played Truth or Truth for the very first time. You were a good sport then too!!
Love you!!
Thank you!!! You are way to nice :) :) Yes, we all want to go there sometime this summer so you will have to join us for sure!
omg, I loved that camping trip and that he went the day after he got home. Seriously, the best!
Love you too!!
Post a Comment