Guys, I did it. I survived my first blind date. *insert applause here*
Honestly, if you were around me the day before or the day of the date then you would know that I probably would have taken Nieko up on his offer when he sent me this text last week:
No, this text wasn't about the date. (I think he was just hazing me for whatever reason that day.) But honestly, that's how nervous I was for this date. Not because I didn't want to go because he seemed so nice. But just because, let's be honest... I'm not a dater. I mean, put me in a setting with brand new people and I will go up and start a conversation with them. I'm good at that. That's not a problem at all. But the idea of a date with someone I'd never met before really made me want to throw up. I was worrying about being able to make conversation for the entire 2 hours or whatever it was going to be. Me. Jennifer Hansen who RARELY runs out of things to say was worried about THAT.
Pish posh.
I really don't give myself enough credit. I was fine. Nothing was awkward, the conversation was great. We had great food (We went to the Mandarin in Bountiful for really good Chinese and to Igors for some Italian ice/ice cream [delish]). He was really nice. I had fun. The end.
I'm not sure if I will ever be a "dater" or whatever but It's nice to have a little reminder that I am actually a really good people person and well...I'm pretty cool.
I was thinking I was going to be able to come back with these super awkward, blind date horror stories, but I don't have anything like that. It was just..Normal. I mean, besides the fact that he shook my hand at the end because I think he didn't want to make anything awkward. haha. But I wasn't going to be like "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy...thanks for the date...Hug me.. Maybe??"
yeah, no. I was down with the hand shake and the "we should do this again" talk.
Anyways, sorry if you were looking for a really funny/awkward story.
Happy Thursday!! 2 days till I go home for Mason's birthday. CAN'T WAIT!!
1 comment:
I kind of wish that I had an awkward blind date story. I've been on about a million, but nothing. I'm glad yours was a good one!
Post a Comment