Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let me get back to you...

Most of the time I wait for a really good idea to pop into my head before I blog.  But sometimes, like right now, I just really don't have any good ideas of things to write about that will make you think, "oh yeah, that's why I read this blog!" So I'm sorry for anyone who continues this post because I'm not really sure what the point is going to be right now....

You've been warned.

Tonight I went to dinner with a new friend.  First of all, can I just say that I love meeting new people?  Mostly because I love learning their life stories and why they are the way that they are.  Not only that, I just love people who introduce new ideas and really make me think about who I am and what I'm doing with my life.

When you meet someone new (whether you are on a date or not) there are usually a series of questions that are asked if you are in a one on one type situation.  Sometimes the questions can be hard to answer or can be a little awkward but I love these moments. I love listening to what people have to say and I am always so curious to learn about where people come from and who they are as a person.  However, lately I've mostly been grateful for these moments when someone asks me a question and I have to dig down deep and think about my likes, my dislikes, and what makes me...Jenn.  

I know.  It probably sounds really cheesy and weird.   I mean, everyone has to answer questions about themselves often.  I guess I've just gotten into a little funk where I feel like I've kind of forgotten about taking care of things aside from work, friends and family.  Then I started thinking...What do I really love?! I mean, aside from my work, family, friends and my faith... I really don't know how to answer that question. 

Omg. Have I gotten so boring that I can't answer that question with anything outside of the basic things that I love?! Don't get my wrong, I do love my job and I love my family and friends and I really do have a great life.  But if someone where to ask me what I do for me and what I enjoy and what I do with my spare time.. I wouldn't know how to answer that question without feeling the need to fabricate a little (of course I wouldn't but you know what I'm saying.)

I think my goal for the next few weeks, aside from getting to bed a little earlier so I don't die from sleep deprivation, is to work on making time for PRODUCTIVE things that I enjoy.  Find new hobbies, pick up old hobbies again, read, and focus on remembering the things that I love to do.

Might sound dumb but if you're in a rut or the same old routine of work, family, friends, eating, Tv, fbooking and minimal sleep and exercise then ummm... aren't you feeling me on this one?

Remember the things that you love and make time for them if you don't already.  Set a goal to learn new things or to pick up a hobby you've been wanting try.  Make your life interesting so you can confidently answer someone when they say, "Soo.. what's your story? Tell me about yourself." 

*create the story you want to tell.

1 comment:

Cathy J said...

could you please just add a like button?