Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

While I was "Out."

It's been a little while since I've really blogged. Aside from a few inspirational quotes or videos and a couple of annoyances through the last week, I really haven't had much to say or just couldn't really think of the words to describe it all. It was like all of a sudden everything around me started to speed up but I was stuck and couldn't catch up. Kind of like the first minute of this video but not as extreme: [you can watch the whole video though... Love this song. Love The Shins.]




It was just work, hanging out with friends, trying to help my brother figure out stuff, church callings, the constant thought of "wow, I'm selfish. I need to be a better person," figuring out and action plan for that and oh, did I mention work?

It's just a lot to balance, you know? I've had to learn to stop, breath, and take some time to prioritize. I mean, I plan things for a living so why shouldn't I be able to get my life in order like all of my events?! It's in the works....

For those of you who were worried, don't be; I'm back! Here are some things you've missed while I was "blah":

1.) Packing up all of the brother's things, being seconds away from loading it all in the car only to receive his acceptance letter to LDSBC. We decided to just take a breather and well, he didn't move out this weekend. Just need some time to take that all it. It's moments like that when you are like, "WOW the church is true!" Of course it is.

2.) It's a good thing the brother didn't move out on Saturday as planned because I would have been scared to sleep in a big apartment all by myself after going to see the movie "Insidious" with some of my girl friends. I've mentioned before that I love scary movies and well, this one is good! It's not like any other scary movie I've seen. It was well written, well done, creative and scary! I'd definitely recommend it :)



3.) Can I just say that I love the peeps I've met here? Fab. Fun. Fantastic. And I'm learning a lot from them already.

[Mmm Peeps sound yummy]

4.) I thought I may have broken my toe the other night. At least, it hurt bad enough. Instead, I'm pretty sure that it's just jammed or something. All I know is that it hurts, is huge and bruised really bad. Meh, It makes me feel BA. Let's forget about the fact that I have no clue how it happened [sorry, no cool story] just that it took place during a game of "speed ball." Yeah, pretty "Bad," huh?

5.) This morning I was listening to the radio and heard "Feel Good Inc" by the Gorillaz and got super happy. Remember how great this song is?:


"Don't Stop, Get it, Get it!"

6.) I've also had this struggle/realization the past few days that you REALLY can't help how you feel about certain situations. Like you really want to think or feel a certain way but you just can't get yourself to do it. I've had that happen to me this last week and then I realized yesterday that it I shouldn't want to change the way that I feel just because it might not be the popular thing.

*This is where I laugh in the face of conformity*

That's for another post :) I feel the blogger block being lifted....

Here's to breathing! -Cheers.

No comments: