Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

181st General Conference

I've always wanted to attend General Conference but never had the opportunity to actually go. Well, my awesome home teacher, Sam, called on friday and asked my brother and I if we wanted to go with him for the Saturday Morning session. Of course we said YES!

I just love conference and being in the conference center was a pleasant experience. We had pretty close seats, which I was super excited about. However, I quickly learned that we were surrounded by many foreigners. This, of course, meant that each of them had their translator head sets. They were loud! At first I was super annoyed. I didn't want to have to TRY to ignore the Japanese or Spanish translations.. I just wanted to listen to the speakers in English like I came to hear! After a couple minutes of annoyance, I was overwhelmed with joy to be surrounded by so many other Latter-day Saints from all over the world who were there for the same reasons I was. Some of these faithful members travelled really far just to be in the presence of the prophet and his apostles and to hear their messages. I couldn't help but get choked up and feel of the love that our Heavenly Father has for EACH of His children.

There is nothing like being in the same room as a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, and his apostles. It is just another reminder of how much God loves his children--They truly are our watchmen prepared for these days.

I love conference. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love knowing that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me. I love being a member of a Church that helps me to always strive to be a better person. I love my Savior.


I know that I am far from perfect and need to be and do better--Conference is always a good reminder of the things that are truly important and helps me to get my life in check with the things I need to work on.

Goals:

Pray for more opportunities to serve.
Lose myself in service. Help ease the burdens of others.
Strive to be the kind of person I am looking for in a future spouse.
Be more courageous and a better example to others.

1 comment:

The Ure's said...

I wish blogs had "like" buttons. Because i would like this times ten million!! love it!