Let's talk a minute about something that breaks my heart a little [or alot. whatev]. I'm talking about Unrequited love. We hear these stories all the time. About people who fall hard for someone who doesn't love them back... Sad, right? ;(
I've talked about this kind of love before in a previous post and how it makes my heart hurt... but let's get real, the post was about how bad I felt for Damon in Vampire Diaries and his unrequited love for Elena. Real? ...Not so much. But the concept is true to real life; It happens to people ALL the time.
Remember in the movie The Holiday and how madly in love Kate Winslet's character was in love with a man who didn't love her back? Here's her monolauge about how wretched unrequited love really is. If this has ever happened to you then you know exactly how crappy it feels. You can't help but hurt for her:
So what do you do if you are in a situation like this? Here's my advice [take it for what it's worth]:
Face the facts. Cry if you need to [I'll cry for you too]. Accept it and move on.
OK, so it sounds like I don't have a soul, but really, that's all you can do! I know it's not as simple as I just made it sound, but I've seen way too many people beat themselves up over situations like this for far too long...You know the kind of love you deserve to have.
Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't care about you just as much as you care about them?
It's rough, but life's way too short and there are SO many new and exciting people in the world to meet. But for now, I feel for you, but you have GOT to open your eyes and accept it. That's key. Do that and you are on the road to recovery. Your heart might feel broken for a little while, but you'll find someone to help you put the piece back together.
In the words of homegirl Jordan Sparks: "Love's a battlefield...I guess you better go and get your armor." :)
3 comments:
So true Jenn!!!
AMEN JEN:) this post was music to my ears!
Amen and Amen. I do think I should probably take your words of advice and move on... sheesh. I don't want to be a Kate Winslet. It's so horrible
Post a Comment