Isn't it funny though how a smiley face [or frowny face OR wink for that matter] can completely change a text or a post to someone's wall?
Here, go with me on this one real quick...
*Scene--You're texting someone (could be a guy/girl you like, your significant other, brother or even your grandma) Doesn't matter who. You ask them a question and this is their response:
"Yeah, that would be fun"
Notice the lack of emotion in the above text? This is how I would answer back if I wasn't enthused about whatever it is we were talking about. If I really was excited about whatever we were talking about, I would answer something like this:
"Yeah! That would fun :)"
See the difference? 1=Blah and 2=you know I'm actually excited about it because I wouldn't do a smiley if I wasn't. For those of you who are "anti-smiley face"... this is where an "exclamation point" would be appropriate to show that you really do think it would be fun! Here's another scenario using the beloved "wink":
"Alright, I'll see you tonight"
or
"Alright, I'll see you tonight ;)"
Whoa, whoa, whoa...WINKY FACE? omg!
See, if used correctly, the wink can add so much meaning to a text.
See, if used correctly, the wink can add so much meaning to a text.
haha, OK, so maybe I just over analyze everything (I'm a girl) and of course everyone has their own texting style and it's up to us to just learn their style but can I ask a favor or everyone? You never have to use the smiley if you don't want too..but can you at least use some punctuation for crying out loud? That would help the "over analyzers" out A LOT! It's not that hard to put an exclamation point every now and again to express the correct emotion or even the [...] can say a lot.
We all know that texting, email, IM and all other forms of "typed communication" is vital these days, so I'm just looking after ya!
We all know that texting, email, IM and all other forms of "typed communication" is vital these days, so I'm just looking after ya!
Thanks (dot, dot dot, winky face, exclamation point, exclamation point)

No comments:
Post a Comment