On Thursday night when we arrived we went on the alpine slide and coaster which was located in the backyard of our hotel. You guys, the coaster is a BLAST. It's a coaster that gives you a scenic tour to the top of the mountain (basically felt like Jurassic park, minus the Dinosaurs) and then once you reach the top you are sent on an awesome trip where you are in control of your individual car. You can speed up and slow down whenever you want. It's a really great time.
We decided to hot tub with, as Jessica would say, "all the Fetuses." Basically it was a family resort and lots of people were on Vacay with the fam so the pool and hot tubs were swarming with children. I don't blame them because the place is really nice and who doesn't love the pool? Yes, it would have been more relaxing if all the children weren't out but come on, what can you do?
Then we rented a movie from the hotel to watch in our villa. We picked out the movie Abandoned (not to be confused with, Abducted, the HORRIBLE movie with Taylor Lautner). None of us had seen the movie but we noticed that it was released in 2010 and Brittany Murphy starred in it. *RIP B. MURPH* I only mention this whole thing because she was a mess in this movie and we couldn't get over it. She looked totally nast and the worst part was that it wasn't even part of her character to look so repulsive; That was just how she looked. No wonder why it was her last movie. I'm surprised she made it through the filming because the whole movie I felt like she was going to die at any minute. Again, not her character. Just her. It was bad. But here's the thing...despite her looks and it's clear low budget filming, it was actually a pretty good movie. Huh. Who knew?
The next day got up and walked main street, shopped, ate out, sat out by the pool, turned the tub in our Villa into our own little hot tub and then decided to rent a scary movie and order in Chinese. It was Friday the 13th and we all know how much Liz and I love stuff like that. Well, it was a HORRIBLE idea. Long story short, the Chinese food was aw.FUL. The "fried rice" was normal rice with soy sauce on it only and it basically tasted like dog food. Liz ordered noodles with her chicken and (haha omg) that's what they gave her; straight up noodles with NOTHING on it. hahaha. not even sauce. Then Jess opened her egg drop soup (which in my opinion is completely gross-ville) and the eggs were GREEN. Oh my gosh. It was horrible. Liz and I didn't mind the chicken but I think Jess was so grossed out by everything else that she couldn't get herself to eat any more of it. This resulted in her calling the delivery service people and the restaurant. I love her for being able to do that. I mean, I would like to be that kind of person but I'd also like to hate licorice and carbs but THAT'S not happening anytime soon. Anyways, after hours of back and forth conversations of "this is gross" and "can we get some of our money back" and explaining how gross the food was we were granted half of our money back and the delivery service told us they would probably take that restaurant off their list of people they go through. YAY us. Pretty sure we, I mean Jess, saved some people from being disappointed. Moral of THAT story. Don't order Chinese in Park City from "A Wok Away." clever huh? Stupid Asians.
OK, while I'm at it, I don't hate Asians. I love their food...Normally. and I love that one Asian in the Perfect Score and the one in Disturbia. So that's fun. But get real. I heard my Asian neighbors doing some "extra curricular activities" last night when I was going into my apartment around midnight and ALL I have to say is.. "omg, shut your freaking window." It was a nightmare.
ANYWAYS....We ended up eating ice cream for dinner that night instead. WAY better.
Now onto the scary part. (Beside Liz practically being the walking dead all Friday morning because she was sick and the whole "korean neighbors boinking" thing) We love scary movies. Pretty sure the three of us would watch a scary movie everyday if there were enough GOOD ones out there to do so. Anyways, normally we freak ourselves out a little bit but nothing like this weekend. Again, long story short, LIGHTS DON'T JUST FLICKER AND THEN TURN OFF. Ok, they do but not just one light when the TV is still running. There was totally something freaky was going on in our hotel. Scary enough that we turned off the movie, prayed, and then left to go outside for a bit. It was pretty freaky mostly because it was right in the middle of a really scary part. ugh. NIGHTMARE. Luckily Liz slept in the same bed as me and we were fine:) I guess it made it eventful. Good thing we all bought "ghost beads" at the Indian shop earlier that day to protect us. hahaha. Not kidding; we really we did.
All in all it was just a fun trip to get away and be with the girls. I just love them and I love getting away, relaxing and most of all...Not working!
Oh and you guys, just WAIT until you see the projects we worked on this weekend for my new apt. You are going to die! Yes, I made a purchase at the DI and it's FABULOUS :)
Pics Coming Soon.

3 comments:
This sounds like a blast. I was going to ask what hotel you stayed at because it looked nice and then your weird situation with the lights freaked me out. So maybe not...? Ha glad you had fun.
Haha. It's actually a really nice hotel! It's the Marriott Mountainside. I think the light thing was a fluke. I mean, the scary movie didn't help with the whole situation. haha! So fun.
YAY!!! Way to have fun :) Sounds like a blast! Yeah. Asians I TOTALLY agree haha.. super excited to see your new projects for your apt :) :) :)
Post a Comment