Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday ALREADY!?

Happy Monday! Actually, scratch that.  I'm not sure why people say, "Happy Monday." I bet whoever started that was being sarcastic because, let's be honest, I love the weekend and Monday is just the reminder that I have to go to work for 5 more days until another weekend rolls around. humph. I sure do love the weekend.  Guess what though, I only have to work three days this week. [Woot Woot].  

Our original plan a couple of months ago was to take a friend trip to Vegas.  Sure, we were excited for it at the time but throw in a couple people bailing and a few annoyances and well, Vegas was cancelled.  To be honest, I'm not bugged about it anymore.  Initially I was annoyed because 1.) as previously discussed, I can't stand flaky people and 2.) It was just something people had been talking about for a while.  Well, long story short, we still have the days off and, since our little group has been a bit interesting lately, it turned into just me and a couple girls going.  Girls Weekend in Park City? Ok. done and done.  

We aren't exactly sure what we are going to do but we are excited just to get away (even if it's only an hour away) and swim, shop, eat out and just do whatever.  Let me tell you what though... deciding what we were actually going to do about killed me.  But whatevs, it's done now.

In recent events:

I got really sun burnt on the 4th of July out with Liz and her family at the Lake and the Parade and such.  Well, it's peeling right now on my shoulders and I hate it.  I can't remember the last time my skin actually peeled. It's ugly and I don't like it. ugh.  Whatever.  

Jamie and her family just got back from Georgia last night.  They've been there for a week and I honestly HATE not getting to talk to them everyday.  It's rude.  And I've been so used to FaceTiming Mason at least every other day that this last week that I haven't seen him has felt like a month.  I tell Jamie that he doesn't remember me but she insists that he does.  Can you tell that I love that boy yet? haha

Which, leads me to my next thought:  I miss my family and I just saw them two weeks ago.  Honestly.  Can FranklinCovey just move to Boise for a year or two so I can move home and live by my family? Dear FC, get on that.

I guess the Hansen/Smith Disneyland trip just needs to get here! Less than 2 months.  Which means Cole is less than two months from coming back. yesss!

I've started to pack up a few things.  Well, just some of Coleman's stuff because I only had a few boxes this weekend but it's a start.  I can't believe I've only 18 days away from moving. eek :/ I'm excited though...Change is good.  New apt, new location, new ward;  It should be good!

A friend and I recently decided we were going to try working on a few personal things. I just want to give people a heads up to let you know that I'm not being fake now, nor was I   ever being fake ... I just realized that I let a couple of things get out of hand and it's no one's fault but my own.  I'm just going to TRY really working on them.  I know I've said this before but I think now is a good time as I'm moving and stuff.  Again, I'm not a saint and I'm not perfect so, PLEASE, be patient with me ;) 

Well, you guys are great.  I really do hope you have a Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Savanna said...

I miss my home all the time too! You aren't alone in that! Kudos for you for wanting a change and following through! Love your guts!!

Victoria said...

Ahhh Jenn I love you!! Me too though I've FOR SURE realized I gotta work on somethings too. Change is good right? Keep it up Jenn! xoxo.