Basically, what I'm saying is I feel like a had a back-to-back weekend sort of. Monday night we got snow cones with cream (omg, to DIE for) and then we just came back to the apartment and ate junk. Of course we had to go and get junk first because, let's face it, everything in my apt is basically packed up and I pretty much only have canned foods, a cucumber, some cheese, otter pops, or some fruit snacks to offer any guests who walk through my door. But the canned stuff is a bust because, well, I don't have any dishes out to cook it. ...smh. I have a feeling the next two days will be a little miserable. HA!
That night a couple of the friends were over and we just ended up chatting and there is one thing that's been on my mind from that. We have this thing were we like to analyze people (you know this) and one of the questions was that we were to come up with 5 words to describe each person. Let's just say, I thought I had the "you care too much about other people's problems" things under wraps but apparently, I don't. I know they don't think it's this super huge problem because we all know it's good to care about people...to an extent. Man, if they only knew how I was two years ago... haha.
I think it's good to hear about the way that people really see you. It might make you think, "UGH! Really?!" but I think it really just keeps you on your toes. It really helped me know what I need to work on and, actually, helped me to realize that there are some things that I personally think I need to work on all the time but everyone else seems to think I'm too hard on myself for those exact same things.
If you get the chance, and you're lucky enough to have people in your life that will be completely honest with you, ask them to give you 5 words to describe you and then decide that you are going to learn from it and really apply it!
It's kind of nice. And on the other end, it was nice to really have to sit and think about what I really know about the people I surround myself with and how much I really look up to them and learn something from each of them individually. Just try it, I think you'll understand where I'm coming from.
Ok, sorry, that's just something on my mind lately.
But for a the quick update on everything else and the rest of the pioneer "weekend":
The move is the day after tomorrow.
If you're from here and you love sugar cookies...Cutler's glazed sugar cookies. O.M.G.
I totally peed my pants in front of a couple new people who were hanging out with us.
-don't worry, I wasn't the only one who did. but still..nice.
-I can't believe it's gotten to the point that I'm not embarrassed about it at all.
-however, the thought of the previous statement is a little embarrassing.
-one positive...I learned that scrubs are actually really comfy. [thanks, Jess]
I really don't like when plans are made and people back out. It's getting a little annoying.
I went to the new ward last Sunday. It should be pretty good, I think.
-no more Linger Longer?! HALLELUJAH.
Cole's contemplating coming come early...We'll see.
-just wish it was to help with this moving crap! boo.
-I have too many other things to worry about right now first. AKA. moving.
I honestly can't wait to move into the new apartment
-a little nervous? yes. But I know I will feel better once I'm all moved in.
I'm not going to miss the Asians neighbors.
I'm not going to miss the mexican kids who crawl under the fence of my apartment.
-SKETCH
There are some people you love but can only take in small bits.
I really can't stand when people act like they know what they are talking about.
-Freaking ANNOYING. Like, "get out of my face annoying."
I like, super miss my family. One month till our family Disney Trip? umm..
-yeah, we'll see how long I can hold out before going home for a visit.
I have really great friends for pulling together and helping me move on Friday. Seriously.
Oh, and I actually really enjoy croquette.
Oh, and I actually really enjoy croquette.
No comments:
Post a Comment