Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My DI, DIY project :)

You guys, I told you I went to the DI this weekend with Jess and Liz and found something great?  Yep. It happened.  I'm not a DI lover by all means but these treasures I found? Omg.

I found three bar stools that were a little beaten up and clearly from the 80's or something.  OK, maybe not that old but they needed a little love.  When I saw that they were $5 each I couldn't pass them up.

I saw on a blog months ago that someone covered a chair with duct tape and I LOVED it and figured that would be a great and easy way to fix these up for my new apartment I'm moving into next week.

I decided on red for two of the chairs because it will match the wood lips I made a couple months ago and then of course I decided to Snooki it up with an animal print.  I love me some zebra.

Here's the start to finish!

I still have one more red chair to go but I love them and can't wait to put them in my new apartment.  Each used about 20 yards of Duct tape (one roll for the red ones and 2 rolls for the Zebra) making each about 12 bucks a piece TOTAL.  Yeah. thank youuuu DI.

If you didn't notice in the picture above.. The chairs are now sitting where my dining table and chairs were.  Those are currently out in the garage where Liz and I left them after redoing them black!  Looks SOO good.  I just couldn't have a light brown table when everything else is black in the new apartment.  Pics of those to come.

2 comments:

Savanna said...

Ok to die for!! So cute! Love them!

McKenzie Andrus said...

You are so creative!! :) They look awesome!