Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A long weekend to Breathe.

You know you didn't get enough sleep (the last two nights) when you wake up and you only have 5 Facebook updates to catch up on from all of your FB friends.  That and you show up to work and think, "omg, what am I wearing?" But I guess that's just how it goes in the summer:  Hang out almost every night, stay up too late, catch up on all the drama, occasionally sleep through your alarm, go to work, and do it all over again.  It's a tough life being young and single, I tell ya!

Surprisingly, I'm awake today and somehow got to work BEFORE the 8 o'clock hour.  I give full credit to the fact that I'm super excited that today is Friday and we have a long weekend ahead of us. H-to the ELL- to the- YES! I don't really have any big plans for the weekend at all but sometimes those are the best.  I've pretty much decided that I will enjoy it either way.  I plan on cleaning, sleeping, doing a little laundry/organizing, hanging out, making a Sephora run and, per Nieko's request==finally sitting down to watch the first Season of Revenge.  It should be a great weekend I think :)  [the only thing that would make it better was if I didn't have a Linger Longer to do on Sunday. fml.]

Here are some Random things in my brain as of late to help me clear my mind and kick off the weekend:

Wednesday night Nieko was reading stuff to me from  #mindblown on Twitter and on the real.. My mind was blown multiple times.  Like have you ever thought about this? :

If you're born deaf, what language do you think in? 
mind blown.

I honestly still can't stop thinking about that.  Sometimes I let my thoughts go so far to think..wait, how do they even have thoughts?  But then I backed up and realized I was just getting ridiculous.  But really?  Do they think in Russian, Spanish, English, or something Asian?  They've never heard words or the way people around them are speaking.  Honestly, the more I think about it, the more my mind is blown. 


You've heard people say that they learn something from everyone they meet, right? Is it bad that when it comes to a lot of people, I mostly just learn how to not be stupid?  That might sound horrible but it's true lately.  I just feel like I'm surrounded by all sorts of dumb and then all I think is "wow, I really need to learn how to be more kind."  Working on it.  Of course I take in a lot of good too but that's besides the point.


I really do believe that everything happens for a reason.  One of my favorite things is having an "A HA" moment where I think "omg, If I wouldn't have done this, or gone through that, I wouldn't be here today or I wouldn't understand it the way I do now."  I love it.  And normally those things were huge trials that happened way back when that now, are just "little lessons I learned upon a time."


If there is something that you need to do and you feel like you'll never get your mind off of it until you do it--just do it!


It's official--Hansen's have bad teeth.  I feel bad for any future kids I may have because seriously, it's not fun.  I recently had a root canal done (my second one) and we just found out that now Cole has to have some work done too.  Oh but HELLO, he's in Canada.  Do they take American insurance over there? of course not.  So now we are in the process of trying to figure out what to do and he's facing some big decisions (such is life). So with that, and some previous events that went down this last week, my heart and my brain just hurt.  [Like I've said before, I just get too wrapped up in people's lives]. 


Sometimes life just gets so overwhelming.  Some people will inevitably screw you over, jobs won't work out, you'll get stressed, people won't have your back when you need them, you'll have illnesses, things won't go the way you planned them too, and bills will always come.  It's easy to let all of these things get you down because, let's be honest, most of them tend to hit all at once it seems.  The easiest thing for us to do is to want to run away or ignore the situation hoping that it will just get better or (my favorite) we just want someone else to solve it for us or to tell us what to do because it's THAT overwhelming. But we know that it doesn't work that way.  


Friends, whatever you are going through, (and I am right there with you) we have to push through it, no matter what. I think the most important thing that I've realized when I've been faced with things like this is that we have to trust ourselves and what we want to do while relying on the lord and our close family and friends for the back up and comfort.  We can't care about what people think about us but we have to be aware of the people around us and the lives that we are effecting as well.... Life just gets hard sometimes but we have to push through, trust ourselves, and have faith.


In the game of life you have to take risks and gamble because if you don't gamble then you don't progress.  But remember to be smart with each move you make.  Sometimes you have to go all in and trust your gut. Sometimes you have to fold. Sometimes you feel like you lose everything but all you need is that ONE chip to keep you in the game. Whatever that one thing is--hold on to it.  Don't lose it.  I  surely don't know all answers, I can't count cards and I don't know a lot of tricks to make things easy ...But I do know that you don't get better at anything without practice, learning to call people's bluff, trusting your gut, and taking a leap of faith.


Alright, I'm going to stop because I realized I just went off for way too long.  But see, unlike people who are keeping things inside, I feel better!


Cheers to the FREAKING weekend.
--Praying for some reality checks, positive confrontations, peace and comfort for my loved ones, sleep, relaxation and some fun.


Have a great long weekend! 
don't be dumb.


Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best sister in the whole wide world!! I love you, Jamie :) :)


















4 comments:

Savanna said...

"Sometimes you feel like you lose everything but all you need is that ONE chip to keep you in the game. Whatever that one thing is--hold on to it."

That quote is going on my quote board of life. You need to make a graphic and let it spread around Pinterest because it's perfect. I loved this entire post and it was just what I needed, thank you dear friend. Much love!

Cathy J said...

2 things.
First, I LOVE Revenge!
Second, "Surrounded by all sorts of dumb" SO FUNNY. I don't know why, but it really cracked me up.

Amy said...

um yeah hi, it's my birthday too ya know...i am Mason's grandma, you could give me a shout out too:)

Victoria said...

I. LOVE. THIS. Exactly what I needed to hear :) Thanks Jenn!!