Remember when I recently said that I wanted some Drama because I was getting bored? Well, I always end up mostly taking it back. I mean, can't a girl just want for someone to have a random "Mormon Hook Up" or for someone to do something jaw dropping so we can talk about it and poke fun a little? Is that too much to ask? I mean, it's summer. Who doesn't want some kind of fun drama like that? Don't judge me for trying to follow the Spice Girls' advice when they said, "People of the World: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE." That's all I wanted; a little drama to spice it up a little...Never REAL crap. smh
Let me break it down. I rarely have my own crap that goes down and I prefer to keep it that way. However, I've decided that for someone who usually doesn't care, I tend to get super invested in certain people's lives. It's not usually what I plan on doing but it just sort of happens. I guess that's what happens when it's someone you really care about and they come to you for advice? whatev.
All I have to say is that I am so over people and their excuses for the way their life is going. 'So and So' wants this but is too lazy to actually do something about it, 'What's-their-name' desperately loves something but can't for whatever reason (usually cliche reasons), and then you have Captain and Ms. Oblivious who can't open their eyes to reality; It's so annoying. [If I'm ever that annoying you really have permission to corner me and poke all of the nasty bruises that mysteriously showed up on my legs this last week :/ haha but seriously.]
Can we all work on this together? If you're making up an excuse for something in your life, whatever it is, can we just stop lying to ourselves and everyone else, tell the truth, and move the EFF on with whatever it is? Let's choose to open our eyes on this beautiful day and say:
"you know what?--I lied,"
"I don't want to be with you or can't [this and this reason],"
"I'm really just insecure and say these things to hide [this and this],"
"I got myself into this and it's time to get myself out for good."
I don't know what it is in your particular life but I think we could spice up our lives in a positive and good way if we didn't have so much unnecessary drama that comes purely from being super stupid.
If we would just learn to be honest and communicate the way we really feel and do something about it, it would would diminish a huge chunk of unnecessary drama because people would truly understand where we are coming from, leaving people no other choice than to quickly get over it, leaving less time for gossip and judging and more time for positive and fun things!
No more excuses please.
be honest from the beginning (especially with people you love)
if you want it, make it happen. (walk the walk, not just talk the talk)
accept consequences/changes. (live with it)
stick up for yourself. (don't let people walk all over for you).
See things the way they really are (sometimes you can't always give people the benefit of the doubt)
signed,
girlwhorealizedshehasabiggerheartthanshethought
(Am I the only one who thought the first part looks like it says "girl whore?" haha. unintended.)
No comments:
Post a Comment