Normally
I have a ton to say about the weekend.
But, one of my main things from my weekend is a project that Ariana and
I worked on Saturday afternoon and since it's not done.. I can't really post about it yet. Yes, I
found it on pinterest. Yes, there was no
tutorial to work from. Yes, my legs are
HECKA sore and feel like I did a billion squats. Yes, it's adorable and I can't wait to hang it up in my apt. And yes--we are purely awesome.
We still have to paint the project so I won’t
post the pictures just yet but you should be really excited. Here's a little sneak peak. The beginning:
The rest of the weekend was interesting. We didn’t do a
whole lot but we always manage to have fun with whatever we are doing. On Friday night we
went to boondocks and did unlimited go carts, batting cages, and even managed
to fit in a game of bowling. Boondocks is always a fun choice especially now since it’s
warming up outside so we don’t have to freeze our buns off doing the outside
stuff.
Can I say a couple things about
the go carts? 1. Stay away from the Vicky’s of this world while on the track. Why? You WILL get stuck and the scrawny little guys
who work there WILL have to come and lift
you out. Luckily the kid was able to
lift my car without problems. Smh. That could have been more embarrassing than it
already was. Even more embarrassing is
the fact that ALL of your 10 other friends are passing you laughing… haha. oh
and 2.) If you get turned around on the
track.. don’t keep pushing your gas petal.
You might come close to a head on collision with people like liz. That could have been awful. [Thanks a lot, RICKY].
Even though
it seemed to be a pretty uneventful weekend we still managed to have some
interesting conversations, I got punched in the face by nieko (he claims it was
an accident but I think it’s really because I told him ‘no’ and wouldn’t do
what he wanted me to do.. that was like a first for him..haha), and I realized that 1.) some
people can’t keep their mouth shut even if you ask them too, 2.) some people
will still always be a planet away from reality, 3.) Sometimes you just have to hang up the phone or change the subject after you've spoken your peace and 4.) sometimes you start crap without thinking... no turning back at that point.
Oh and on Sunday I celebrated Mother's day by going to church, calling my mom and sister and taking to the couch and watching my TV shows. I was honestly too worn out and sore to do anything else. Simply stated, it was a fabulous Sunday alone where I meditated and collected my thoughts as well. I live for days like those :)
I know we're a day late but I just want to wish my Mom a late Happy Mother's Day via the blog. I'm not sure how she did such a good job raising me and the sibs, but I think we're pretty great so she must have done a lot right :). I love her so much. Not many people can say that their mom is also one of their best friends... But I'm totally one of those people. Love you mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment