"Maybe a pig and a mouse did the humpty dumpty."
-Coworker, Amy
haha is that what they are calling it these days? The Humpty Dumpty? If that's the case then Mother Goose was a real big perv.
"Want anything else?" -Amy in reference to ice cream
"Yeah. Some peace and quiet so I can play my DS."
-Coworker Kristjan mocking another coworker
So if FranklinCovey had a reality TV show it would totally be "The real coworkers of FC." And of course, if I was in it then you would all watch because you know that it would be DRAMA!! haha. Well, there's office drama up in here all the time, and as much as we hate it, we sometimes really get into it. The star of the show would be the guy who watches movies and sucks at hiding it and, after being caught and given a warning, has now switched to bringing in his DS (he probably jacked it from one of his kids) and playing it at his cube. He tries to hide it but it's always an epic fail. We make fun of him a lot and it's pretty funny.
"I'm not mad, I'm annoyed!!"
-Nieko about me starting to say no to him lately.
hahaha. Here's the thing... he's a really persuasive person. I only said no to a couple of things he wanted me to do this weekend, both of which weren't even a big deal. He just didn't like it too much. haha. And when I say that, I mean, he "accidentally" punched me in the face and poked my bruise on my leg a few times making it bigger... nice. yeah. I see why bully's get what they want. Hazing it rude. hahaha j/k. He's not a bully!
"I'm a little bit overwhelmed by you."
-Jamie about my singing Sister Act to her over the phone
haha. Really? Of all of the things that I do, THAT makes you feel overwhelmed? oh geez. Should I worry about my relationships with people who aren't my family? ha.
"You're looking really pale. Why didn't you go tanning?"
-Nieko
Of course this was an inside joke because I'm not THAT pale. There are just a few reasons why I can't go tanning right now and he likes to call me a baby for it. OH yeah, that's another thing I said "No" to him about this week. haha.
"What the WTF?"
-Ariana about church songs coming up on shuffle
Of course it was funny because it was about church songs but it was even funnier because, as we all know, the W-T in "W-T-F" clearly already stands for "what the." haha smh.
"it's the biggest, nastiest, best thing you will ever have."
-Liz about some KFC chicken sandwich she couldn't stop talking about.
Clearly home girl was hungry because we weren't even eating one of them and she just brought it up and kept talking about it for a minute. I'm not sure what the sandwich is called but she acted like she was in a legit relationship with it so um, if you're into that kind of a thing--call Esther..I mean, Liz, and she'll give you the deats.
"I'm just going to say this...your legs are pink."
-Vicky
Um, thanks? Like I didn't know that I got a little sunburnt on Saturday? I swear...some people! haha. jk, love you Vicky. But just putting this out there, people know when they are sunburnt. No need to point it out or, like some people...poke it. I'm not kidding. In my old single's ward in Ontario there was this girl who I never really talked too but she would always come up to me that summer and be like "oh wow, you got sunburnt" or "Are you sunburnt?" and then poke it. It's like, "No. I'm just this color all the time." haha ok. just venting. But Vicky, I don't blame you for being confused about my already pink undertones mixed in with my light sunburn. It was a little odd for everyone.
"Is that rude?" -Me
"YES. It is!" -Willy
No need to mention what was being discussed at the time but let's just say it brought on an entire weekend of Nieko and I asking people if they would do something for a million dollars. We are still shocked people said no. I just wish you could hear the way Willy responded to my question. He was kind of offended...
Dear Willy,
I love you and and I hope you know it. Please remember to never take offense to anything that comes out of my mouth.
Sincerely,
Jenn istillthinkyouwoulddoitforamilliondollarsandit'snotabigdeal Hansen
"WHAT?! did you hear that?"
-Nieko about a girl farting.
Ok. so we didn't hear the actual "toot" but are you kidding me?! I've talked about this girl's gas problems before but I just don't know what kind of girl just does that while hanging out and thinks it's nbd?! She's super nice, of course, but it's just one of those shocking moments where you have to ask someone else if you just heard things correctly because it's that bizarre.
"Is it bad that I lead a boring life and love to hear your drama?"
-Savanna
She really doesn't lead a boring life. Her fiance' is just gone during the weekdays this summer so hearing about it is exciting for her. It's not bad at all. I mean, I'm pretty dramatic and I usually have good stories. Sav hasn't met any of the people I really hang out with these days but she's pretty up to date with it all. Plus, I've realized that anyone who's read my blog probably feels like they know certain "characters" in my life. haha. Come on. Girl's gotta have a person outside of the situation to talk to you know?!
"If you're tired, GET OUT!!!"
-Vicky the people on our friend's soccer team
If you know Vicky, you know that she's a loud person (sometimes louder than me, I think!) so when she yelled this during the game, I was dying.
1.) because it was so loud.
2.) because it was a little rude and
3.) because some of the people around me, took it as a "that's what she said" kind of thing and chuckled to themselves. hahahaha. But really, this coming from the "SHUTTING DOWN" girl? ha. Honestly though, she's fun to cheer with--She gets into it :)
"hi. What's your name?" -me trying to be nice to the girl sitting by herself watching people play Volleyball at the church.
"Asian." -Asian girl
"Hasian?" -me trying to make a name out of it because I knew that B wasn't really named Asian. Get real. She was Asian. Who would do that do their kid?
"NO. Asian." -Asian girl
"oh. hi." -me. *insert a "she's WEIRD" face to Nieko and held back laughs between the both of us.
I kid you not. This really happened. Come to find out the girl's real name is Jennifer in American and Win (yeah, W-I-N) in Korean. It's like... just tell me your real name instead of making me feel even more racist for a minute because it took a lot for me to say hi to you to begin with. oh geez. Was that rude?
I don't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment