Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Doesn't have to be pure SUCKage.

One thing I've learned in my many years of being classified as an "LDS single" is that in the midst of all the suckage (which is about 95% of the time for most people) it can actually be a really good time.  Now, it hasn't always been this way.  Getting over the pressure to find your eternal companion, wed, and have a billion babies before you are 25 or else you are a "failure," is a hard thing to overcome for most people.  I know this, and most of you do too because you are there or you were there at one point in your life.  


Pretty sure I was over it after my freshman year of college in 2007.


Honestly, it was just never really a "thing" for me.  I don't know why. But whatever the case, once you're over it and I mean, REALLY over it, that's when you forget about all of the pressures and you just have fun.  F-U-N. I hate to admit that I'm over it in fear that my dad will somehow find out, think that I've given up, which would have to force him into his dad mode, which would end up with a long conversation about how I need to try ldssingles.com, which would in turn end with lots of eye rolling...  No offense dad, but no thanks.   I've got this, I promise ;) I haven't given up.  I just don't care right now.


My reasoning for bringing up such an ridiculous topic is that EVERY Sunday, without fail, this one girl in my ward (whom I adore) asks me, "do you have any fun/new dating stories from this week?"  Umm.  pretty sure I haven't had a fun/new dating story for over 2 years.  Did you NOT listen to me say a few months ago that I don't date and quite frankly don't care?  haha who ARE these people!?  Am I not normal or something because I really don't care right now? Is that the only thing that matters to them?  pssht. whatevs.  My answer is always something like this..


"haha, No.  But I'm having lots of fun! *insert cheesy grin:)*"


I'm still wanting to use the "actually--I'm a lesbian" approach but again, like I've discussed with a couple of friends, we don't want people thinking that's really true.  So I haven't used that one in real life...yet. haha


But the true thing is that I do have fun; loads of it!  And as long as I'm not getting myself into trouble then I think that's more than OK.  I'm young, not hideous looking (haha) and I'm a REALLY good time.  So why shouldn't I be happy and having fun?  I don't really have a set motto when it comes to this kind of stuff because I basically go with flow... but I say to those of you who haven't gotten over the "WAH, I'm single.. I hate the dating game, BLAH DE FREAKING DA" thing, is simply to stop thinking that dating is the only thing that matters.  Shut that out of your mind, right now.  Just have fun and think about things before you do them (that's the key).  And in the midst of doing that, if you find someone you want to go on a date with, then do.  That's awesome :)


I think what I realized yesterday, though, is that I probably need to be a little more careful with my "just have fun" thing... I mean, sometimes I find myself thinking "Ummm what am I doing?" But meh... I'm figuring that out as I go.. and so will you!  You might make mistakes in the process but you learn from them. Just go with the flow and LIVE for crying out loud!


I would say one of my friends' old motto of "If it feels good, do it" haha but that isn't always the best advice. MURP:/ 


Just forget about the pressures (wherever they are coming from) and have fun living YOUR life. And if you have some fun stories/drama.. email me! haha


Oh YEAH, Single, YEAH!!





1 comment:

Amy said...

One day, if you ever decide to go down the ldssingles.com road i hope you use this line to pull your men in...I'm young, not hideous looking (haha) and I'm a REALLY good time.

Hahaha!