So I know I'm going to have a major drop in readers by doing this, but I've decided to cut MOST of the 'wall posting' for a while and here's why:
**I feel like when I first started putting some of my posts on Facebook that hardly ANY of my friends did this and now, Facebook has turned into blog central. Don't get me wrong--homegirl loves all things blog, but I think there has to come a day when you say, "I'm not like everyone else." Clearly, this is true. I know I'm going to have readers who say, "Why did you stop blogging?" To which I will instantly give them the stink eye, point my finger and say, "um, how about you follow me for realsies on blogger.com if you care to know what I have to say." *Insert sarcastic thumps up*
We'll see how long it lasts because there is just something about blogging knowing that people in your life are going to be reading the things that you have to say because they WANT to read it. When I do this, I'm WAY more careful with the things that I write. So really, this could be bad/good. Maybe I won't have to be as vague and won't have to tip toe around some of the things I say in fear that my bishop or home teacher will click the posted link and think I'm falling off the deep end and need saving. meh. We will just call this a test run for a while and see the response I get.
So, naturally, if you aren't really a true "follower" and you like reading my blog, for whatever reason, you can follow now by clicking the "follow" button in the top left corner :) ORR if you aren't like me and don't check blogger on a daily basis then you can simply submit your email on the right hand side to get an email notification when I post. Super easy. And if you don't like reading but you do it anyways because you want to be sure that I'm not talking bad about you or that you aren't missing out on anything good then ....do what you want. Just know that I won't be blowing up your Fbook page as much for a while. [I might still post Wednesday's though. I do what I want.]
Can I start by kicking off this weekend by telling you a couple of things that bug me recently?
1-Douchebags. You know who I'm talking about and you definitely know who you are if you fall into this category. If people call you a douchebag, even if they say that they are kidding, chances are that part of them really thinks you are a mini or mega douche; that's something YOU have to deal with. But, until you stop being obnoxious and only caring about superficial things and treating women like dirt, you will never be able to have a serious relationship with someone who is actually worth more than the boobs, butt and 'hot bod' that you were in it for to begin with. Sure, you're nice to girls and you can rope them in for a while with your charm, hair, muscles, and 'good looks,' (good for you) but this girl isn't falling for it. smh. no way. And earth to all the dateable girls--sure, kiss them. Have fun. I don't care. But don't fall for them AFTER you know about their DB status. They can be great friends but until they get over that, that is all they should be allowed. Can you please resist the initial good looks and charm and take a stand to shut down all DB's? Let's force the douchiness right out of them by refusing to give them what they want--attention and action.
(note--I don't know THAT many DB's. I'm just saying...)
2-If I have to hear one more guy classify all women in general as either "hot or not", "Fat or not" or whether they have "big boobs or not" I might jump out of a freaking window. It's probably a bit of my own fault. In my life, most of my best friends have always been guys so I instantly participate in these conversations talking about the previously mentioned because, "I'm Jenn" or "I'm not like other girls," and honestly, because I do think it's funny most of the time so I'm usually right there with them. But I know when to draw the line and I'm usually pretty good about considering the feelings of the people around me. But it's really been bothering me sometimes to the point that I've been thinking about how I should really start sticking up for woman a bit more because sometimes I'm seconds away from needing someone to sing "Jumper" just to get me to even consider "stepping back" from a big old fat ledge before I willingly plummet from a rooftop face first into the asphalt from someone saying, "Was she hot?" KILL me now.
But again, I have to remind myself that I too judge people a lot. And hey, I appreciate hot men. Scratch that. I LOVE good looking men. I'm not saying that you can't love attractive girls/boys--you should. But I like to think that I understand that not everyone is the world's form of "gorgeous" and that I give people a pretty fair chance because everyone has something to offer. Yes, even the girl who has the perma b look on her face has something to offer. I also know that while looks are important, they aren't all that matter (said, the ugly chick, right? hahah just kidding. Isn't that what they say about people who think 'looks aren't all that matter?' hahaha SEE HOW RUDE AND VAIN WE ARE?!) I'm disgusted a little.
Bottom line. Boys--not every girl can be a supermodel, have a "big rack," perfect hair, eyes, AND be CRACK skinny. Girls--When did we let guys think that muscles are all that matter? Did we essentially create the Douchebag specimen? I shiver at the thought.
Can't we just be happy, healthy, love life, hug, kiss and be merry?
I think we can all work on it a titz. (sorry, one last boob reference because I am still me.)
just don't be a DB, K?
tgif, fools.
2 comments:
Love this, take it from me, I first met someone who thought looks were everything, and gave him the same speech you just gave. Now look where I am. Amen sister, amen.
Love EVERYTHING about this post!! Way to be :)
Post a Comment