Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Zoo, dancing and craziness.

Words cannot express how much I enjoy my weekends.  I always have loved weekends (who doesn't, really) but ever since I've been living alone, my appreciate level has gone up to a whole different level.  Simply stated, I love being surrounded by people.

This weekend was no exception.  Friday night we had to say "bye" to another friend who will be selling alarm systems for the summer...sad face.  But honestly, I didn't know him very well.  I think I just really connect with people really fast;  it's a blessing and a curse (I will explain the curse part later in this post).  We really didn't do a whole lot on Friday night but we always tend to make fun wherever we go.  I mean, if you can do essentially nothing and still have a good time, then chances are that YOU are a good time in general.  I like to think that I'm one of those people most of the time.

Saturday was really the perfect day.  I woke up, went for a jog/walk in the PERFECT 70ish degree weather, listened to some "pump up" music, used some new AMAZING hair products from the one and only Ariana (LOVE HER) and cleaned up a little around the a-p-t.  There's just something about being able to open up all of the windows and leave them open all day long and filling your home with the fresh spring air. mmm. love.

To continue on the great Saturday, Liz, Vicky and I went to the Hogle Zoo!  It was my first time going and it didn't disappoint.  Sure, I enjoyed walking around in shorts and soaking up the sun the most but I loved seeing all of the animals and sending some time with the girls in the perfect weather.

 I basically spent the rest of the day with them as we went to dinner and of course, FINALLY got to meet up with Amanda and Ariana to go see "the Lucky One."  Alright, I know some of you have been waiting for my review because you truly understand my love for this man but I don't know what else to tell you other than the fact that I honestly had to catch my breath a couple of times in the movie because he was that good looking.   His eyes? Killer blue and amazing.  I do have to apologize to liz for hitting her A LOT during the movie.  I just have this thing that I really don't have control over and when I see something that is super funny or REALLY good.  It's  the "I can't believe my eyes right now, are you seeing this? omg, are you seeing this?" kind of thing.  Oh yeah, she was seeing it--she knew!  We all were.  Good Man, that Efron.  Good Man.




Just go see it.  It's a good movie I think even for people who aren't in 'love' with him like I am.  Sure, it only got like, 1 and a half stars.  Whatever.  How can you not just want to kiss him a little? haha. ok. that's enough.  moving on.

After the movie the boys met up with us to go dancing downtown.  This wasn't something that we had in the plans until right before the movie but I'm glad we went.  Easton's mission buddy was one of the guys putting it on and it was a good time.  There were quite a few interesting people there and of course, I made friends with a couple of them for a minute (here's the curse part of that "instant connection" I was talking about earlier.  They were weirdos. The girl touched my boob, called me adorable, it got weird, I left...the end, haha) but mostly we just stuck to our little group and danced.  Plus.. it was free; how can you go wrong?!  Even if we were the only ones there and they played one song over and over again I'm sure we still would have made it fun.  

Oh, and I'm sorry that SOME people thought I was on drugs.  I was not. Duh. I was just on my feet moving around all day long and I wasn't going to stop.   Another thing that I'm sorry for.. apparently I had a mini break down at IHOP.  Let me clear something up: I have those all of the time, people.  You know this.  I think it's because I genuinely am a good person BUT there are some people who make me feel like I am the crazy girl in school sometimes because I act a little out of the "norm."  Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy and I don't think they mean to make me feel that way....I just have a really hard time trying to find a balance of crazy that is good for the people around me whilst being me.  It's an inner conflict that I struggle with only because I am always being me in the moment but then after the fact is when I struggle with the "um, maybe I should have calmed down a little" but for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I just can't.  So for now, I guess I will just keep being the crazy me and try to not care that I know people are like "whoa. calm it down."

I'm working on that balance and a few other things-- promise.  Some people just need to learn to be patient with me.

On a different note--I made it through my first week of living alone!  Woot woot.  Go me :) I struggled a bit the first night and I know there will nights when I'm scared or a little lonely but it's all good, really.  I've been doing a really good job of working on projects, turning off the TV, and just keeping busy; It's been nice.  I miss my brother and of course, I will never want to live alone for the rest of my life, but one thing I have found that I LOVE is wearing whatever I want to bed or just around the house.  Silly right?  I'm not the "chill all naked around the house" kind of person at all but I do enjoy rocking the boy shorts and cami's.  Yeeeah, I probably shouldn't get into the habit but meh, what can you do? I'll enjoy it for the summer, I suppose.  I  just have to start closing the blinds because last night, even the Koreans were up at 3 am.  hmm...  I don't know if they ever sleep.  Vampire Koreans? ugh.  There I go freaking myself out again. haha.

Well, Happy Sunday, loves!

No comments: