I was just going to postpone the Halloween blog post until Carli posted some of the pics from the get together last night at my apt but I'll be honest, I saw some of the pictures she took of me last night and they are EMBARRASSING. That, and I'm ready to be done with October. I mean, everyone knows it's my favorite month but I think we did a pretty dang good job of celebrating it. We went to a billion haunted houses [I round up], watched a bunch of scary movies, had a bonfire with smores, ate too much junk and laughed so hard until we almost peed our pants. Alright, maybe that last one was just me and maybe that was just last night. I digress.
Our little get together last night was the perfect way to end the month. I was so impressed that almost everyone dressed up; I didn't think they would. We had a really convincing nerd, a baseball player, a BAMF gangster, a baby, a Hockey player, a Pirate, and even a 'Karen' from the movie Mean Girls [haha]! We ate tons of junk and delish pomegranates, played games and were reminded of how perfectly weird we all are.
I'd say the only disappointment of the night was when Liz showed up without her Esther costume on. Boo. [hahaha j/k Liz.] It was a great October but now, it's time to move on!
So here's the official peace out to October--a couple pics from the cellular:
My queen of hearts costume turned out great! I wore it pretty much all day and well, let's just say:
It was so poofy I couldn't even drive with that sucker on. HUGE. I may have even used the "is that a fat joke?" line on my boss when he commented about me being in the way because my skirt was so big. hahaha. It just came out. super funny. super awkward. ...Never again.
These were probably my favorite pictures I received via text from James and Jamie:
Mason Boy in his Dragon Costume:
Gosh. Can you believe it's November 1st? Mind--officially blown. That means birthdays, thanksgiving trip home, 10 day Christmas vacay home [plane ticket officially purchased] festive parties and shopping, shopping, shopping! Oh how I love the holidays :)
Did everyone purchase their JB Christmas album that was released today?!? haha.Um.. what the Busta Rhymes and JB/ Drummer Boy track?
Thank you JB for spreading Christmas cheer early! Even though I can't get myself to listen to Christmas music this early, I have listened through the whole album already. I had too--It's JB!
One thing that can stay away a little longer--the blasted snow. I just looked out the window and wanted to throw up. What ever happened to easing us into things?
I really don't know how I made it through 4 years of Rexburg winters...
-Let the games begin!





2 comments:
Love your glitter comment. You know how I love sparkly things....
I agree. By last night I was Halloween'd out. I'm so ready for the holidays! That Mason of yours is so stinkin' cute! Love it!
Post a Comment