Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Blessed

I woke up this morning and couldn't help but feel super blessed for the life that I have, which is a pretty good one!  I have an amazing family, I have great friends, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have a cute little apartment, a car to drive, a great job with wonderful coworkers... I really have it pretty dang good.  


As I was thinking of the main blessings in my life I couldn't help but think about some of the simple things in my life that I'm thankful for as well:


Down pillows
A comfy bed
Beautiful trees, plants and flowers
Great talks with friends
Laughter
Online shopping *
My cellular that pretty much does everything:)
Heat when it's cold.  Air Conditioning when it's hot.
"Talking" to my nephew on the phone and hearing him giggle.
A brother for a roommate and our combined tolerance for each other's bull.
Facebook and it's ability to keep me "informed"
Nice people
The Sun/Moon/Stars
Delicious Food
Pictures/Vids of puppies and other tiny pets (I can't have one but I love looking at them!)
Hair.  Ugly or not ugly, it's a blessing. I just can't imagine being bald.
Music and its ability to help me express emotions and to worship.
Funny/Awkward moments
Traveling & Vacations :)
Moments of silence to collect my thoughts
My blog and really, technology in general.
Bright colors
Fantastic smells
Teachers
Books
Doctors


I could go on but I won't because I'm super tired from cooking and eating and we're prepping for Black Friday :)...


I know that I take a lot of the small stuff for granted but I really am so grateful for all of the things I have been blessed with in my life.  As much as I love nice, material things...above all, I am thankful for the people in my life.  I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have SO MANY stellar people in my life. To those people, I hope you know that I appreciate each of you for so many different reasons and that I truly do love you like crazy.


Sending virtual hugs and air kisses. xoxo


HAPPY THANKSGIVING

1 comment:

Linda said...

We're so blessed to have you as our daughter. We have wonderful children. Love you