Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Let's play ball!

I don't know how many times I've used the phrase, "I aint scurred [scared]."  I probably say it too often [like it makes me sound stronger than I really am or something? HA!] Fact of the matter is that I do get scared sometimes.   I get scared of not knowing where I'm going, scared of losing people I love, scared to lose all of the things I've worked so hard for, scared of change, scared for others, scared for myself, scared of being hurt... Life just gets scary.  And might I add, hard?

I've had a few specific moments in my life where I was so scared, sad, and heartbroken that I honestly didn't think things could ever be worse at that precise moment.  I guess this morning wasn't any different.  The cure: just give me a few hours of freaking myself out/crying it out and thinking about all of the other problems of the world and I'm usually always super humbled (while simultaneously remaining a little scared, and popping some ibuprofen for the headache from crying, of course).

We all have trials that we hate and we get scared sometimes wishing they would just go away.  But maybe, when all is said and done, we should just be glad that we get scared because it means we have something really good worth living for?! 

Maybe that thing or that person won't be in our life on Earth forever, but we make the most of it while we have it.  We remain strong.  We express gratitude to the Lord that we even have that something that we're so scared of losing and we just...live the best way we know to live.  We look out for each other, we strengthen each other, and we stare the trial that scares us so much right in the eye and we conquer it!  But we don't have to do it alone.

This morning i'm thankful for my Team!

My  Mother
My Family in general (Dad, Sis, Brothers, Niece, Nephew, extended family..)
My Heavenly Father
My Savior, Jesus Christ 
..even some close friends!

Together--we all make a pretty good team.  Sure, the game gets rough.  Whether it's underestimating the help of some really important key players, working through the loss of a teammate, or the injury of a star player...whatever the case, thank goodness for the doctors [specialists] who bench those who need to sit out for an inning or two to heal, for the cheerleaders who keep us enthused and optimistic, and for the Faith to always keep playing the game no matter what.

I'm thankful for my team/cheerleaders especially during the hardest innings of life.
We can always use more cheerleaders.  So, if you're needing one, give me some hints because not to brag...I've got a pretty good high kick and freakishly loud voice :)

Let's play ball, yo!
Keep your head up. Bring it on.

No comments: