I have this friend who is openly honest when it comes to dating. He sees a girl that he's interested in, he makes a move and he's presistant in asking her out. That's not the most normal thing around here these days. [Am I right ladies? Or am I right?] He's told me stories of some of the things that he's done for or said to some of these girls and I think, "WHAT THE HECK?! why don't they date you or give you a chance!? You're one of the good guys!"
This is usually followed with the statement of "the good guy always finishes last."
Maybe saying ALWAYS isn't a good word to use in this statement because they don't always end up last but I've actually seen it happen a lot lately. Maybe it's because it happens to close guy friends that I've gotten to know over the years but come on, girls...why are we letting this happen?! Sure, I have this weird thing about guys with earrings and tats and the "bad boy image"--it's hot. But that's a fake thing; I'm not REALLY going to only seek out those kind of guys. I just like the looksie part. But you can guarantee if someone did some of those nice things for me [Tatted or not], I wouldn't leave him with an impersonal thank you via text or facebook and make up some excuse as to why "I'm not ready for a relationship" or whatever kind of bull crap girls are feeding boys these days in hopes they will just get the hint and leave them alone. Give him a chance. One date. That's all they are asking for. They aren't asking for you to hold their hand and frolic with them through life and eternity. Yet, at least.
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies....You want the good guys to continue asking you out yet you play mind tricks, you're dishonest, you say no to FIRST dates, you bruise ego's and destroy their confidence. Check yourself.
Today's HVBS (Harmless Virtual B Slap) is to the girls who sing hymns in church like they are in the Opera and think it's cool, and who think they are too hot to go on even one date with some of these good guys just "because"....you suck and quite frankly, you're weird.
Girls--Give them a chance and be honest if you aren't interested. Most guys prefer it that way. To quote my friend, "there are better ways to communicate than silence." Uh, yeah, it's called being straight up in the nicest way possible. duh.
Good Guys--Learn from my friend. If you see it and like it then go for it, you dummies! Stop making up excuses.