Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mason's first trip to Utah.

I'm pretty new to the whole aunt thing and I don't know a lot about babies but I think I'm getting better at the whole thing after this weekend.   Having Mason here to visit was so much fun.  He's 9 weeks now and I can't believe how big he's gotten since he was born.  Let's just say, I honestly can't imagine loving a baby more than I do him but then again there will most likely (meaning there better be) more nieces and nephews down the road and I'm sure someday some little ones of my own or something but really, I have BIG love for this boy.

Sure, babies cry, take constant attention and always come first but I've realized (contrary to my former beliefs from my babysitting days, which, I loathed) that there are FAR more pros than cons when it comes to having a baby.  Aside from being so stinking precious and cuddly, making church more interesting and giving the arm muscles a nice work out..they really are just little miracles!

alright.. so I didn't have to change a poopy diaper and I could hand the kid over to his mommy if he was screaming too much so that might have added to the glamour of it all.. but you get my point; babies are just fun. But don't worry.. I didn't have SO much fun that I'm ready to have one of my own right NOW. haha.  Mason will just have to come visit more often so I can get my baby fix :)

Oh, and have a mentioned how good of a mom my sister is?  well--she rocks!  Here are some pics from their weekend visit:





Oh and a video.  Don't mind the baby talk voice.  It just happens.  I just want you to be able to hear him "talking" to Aunt Jenn.

gah. I miss him already.

2 comments:

Savanna said...

Being an aunt is the best thing ever! Just wait the older they get the funner it gets! Hooray! Love you!

Amy said...

Oh little Mason is so cute! Love that double chin!