Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Truth or Truth? umm. I pick Truth :)

Here's the thing about honesty: some people just don't get it.


Even though we are taught from the time we're itty-bitty to be honest and to tell the truth [especially to people we care about] we, as humans, continue to be dishonest in so many different things. 


What's the point?


There are times when I think a little fib-let is OK if it's going to help lift someone's spirit and when it comes down to something that the other person has no control over.  But I'm not talking about that kind.  I'm mostly directing this towards those who deliberately lie to people's faces about stupid things that the other person most likely wouldn't care about in the first place.  Do we think that we're protecting ourselves and other's feelings when we do? You might think that at the time but NEWSFLASH, the truth usually tends to come out in some way.  Especially when it's about things that are so ridiculous.  People talk, stories aren't kept straight, and people aren't as stupid as you think they are. So why not save yourself and be up front with people to begin with?



Clear, plainspoken, simple and unpretentious. Sounds like the formula for less drama to me.


Sure, we all do our fair share of CTT (Crap Talk Therapy) but I'm not saying you have to go up to every person that you've ever talked crap about be like, "yo, you're dumb and I think this and this about you..blah, blah blah, yada, yada, yada."  That would be honest but it would be total chaos!  [Unless they ask for it, then by all means, tell them.  Especially if it's going to help!] I'm just simply talking about making our lives a bit easier and not lying to people's faces when we have the chance to be honest with them especially when it comes down to the small things.  If someone asks you a question about whatever it is--Tell them what you think.  Be simple, be clear.  Honesty and kindness can coincide.  So just figure out a nice way to say it. [To those I've ever offended with my honesty, I publicly apologize for not finding a kinder way to say it.  Just know that I love you and just want to help. :)]


 At the end of the day I'd rather know your true opinion, what you think about me, what you did or what you didn't do or if you don't want me around. I promise I would shake it off and get over it 10 times faster than a lie/fib or whatever the heck you want to call it to make it sound better than it really is. I think most people would.

Gaining trust back is way harder than coming up with a lie and keeping the story straight. I'm sure we've all been there.  So next time you think about being dishonest to someone, whether you think it's harmless or not... just don't.  It's not worth it and it makes you look SUPER dumb.


So goal for the week: No BS. 
OK? OK.

No comments: