So fun!
*Rewind 3 hours*--Jenn goes to dentist for root canal. Jenn gets root canal. Jenn complains about severe pain. Jenn gets pain med prescription. Jenn picks up pain med prescription. Jenn goes straight to frontrunner to meet willy for concert. (yeah right.. like I was going to miss the concert on the account of my numbness and intense pain. pshh!) Jenn takes pain meds at concert. Jenn=dumb, a bit sleepy on the slower songs, a bit blah, but nevertheless, still had fun!
I loved everything about the atmosphere of the concert. It was free, there were TONS of people there, henna tattoos, little vendors, sunshine, sweaty people toking up..you know.. the usual.
Here's a little taste of what you would have heard had you been at the concert:
(sorry it's live...so there may or may not be a swear or two. But really.. THAT's how fun and alive this band was the other night!)
Mix in a few "Let's have a round of applause for being alive" and "hello beautiful human beings" and thanking the world for trees and stars and such and that pretty much sums up the band and the concert in itself. It was super inspirational and filled with Hippie Love :)
Most of the people there were super classy too and why do I always make friends with them?! I'm not sure. It just happens. The lortabs I took for my teeth might have had something to do with it a bit but I met a girl named megan. She had tourquoise hair. We had some good mini convos about her smoking habits, her tattoos and her love for the cancer symbol that she had tattoed on her wrist. Nieko swore it looked like it said "69" instead. Either way, it was weird. But for a brief 30 minutes or so, I'd say we were friends for sure. She was nice;)
I know what you're thinking, "Jenn, I really want to see this girl." haha. Don't you fret. Nieko made me take a pic with her JUST so you guys could see. Typical..
I won't even go into the story of the old drunk dude who played with my ear for a few seconds on the frontrunner. It was like I didn't even know what was going on. It just happened. I guess I shouldn't have waved at him? Whatever. It was super funny after the fact.
Wow. Two times on the front runner in one week and it hasn't let me down yet. *insert sarcastic thumbs down*
All in all it was a good time but we were EXHAUSTED after it was over. I woke up the next morning and my shirt and my keys were on the floor next to the front door and kitchen counter. I guess I was THAT tired. Who knows? ...Don't ask.
Well, my beautiful human beings--have a lovely Saturday! :)
1 comment:
SOOO SOOOO jealous. I bought their cd last year when I was nannying in Switzerland and would listen to them all the time....so still when I hear their music I think of great times in Switzerland. I love how music can do that, bring you back to a time and place.
Post a Comment