Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Playmill

Seeing one of the besties, Alex Trost, in the Playmill this summer was definitely on the top of my "Summer Twenty-Eleven" to do list.  I had been looking forward to it since the day he called me and told me he had made the cast. He kept me updated through the entire process of the auditions and we knew that no matter what happened, it would simply be meant to be. 

Boy, were we right.  He was meant to be on that stage!

I decided to take one of the BFF's, Mandy (left), and even my niece (right) wanted to tag along so we made it a quick weekend trip. Here's us anxiously waiting outside for the doors to open: 



Don't worry, I had just shown them some of the moves they would be seeing in the play. ["We're All In This Together"--insert arm pump dance move X four] haha.

I had never been to the Playmill before but I knew that I was going to love it.  Sure, it was High School Musical AND Alex Trost, both of which I love dearly, but I would have loved the experience regardless.

So here you go--
Reasons for you to trip to the Playmill this summer:

1.) Look how cute the little building is!


2.) It's right in the heart of West Yellowstone, which, despite some of the clllaaassssy people there, is such a fun little town to visit :)  Lots of shops and cute places to eat with delish food. *Tip*--The chicken strips at the diner across the way (not sure what it's called but you walk into it and you basically feel like you are on the set of the movie 'Grease') were SO good.  We even had a nice chat with the super cute gent that works in one of the Men's fishing/hunting stores about a super hazy night he had Canada and something about the strength of Canadian beer.  haha? Like I said, classy but fun.

3.)  The cast is to die for.  No joke.  I honestly felt like I was instant friends with some of the cast even though I never met them. Maybe it's because I was so loud compared to everyone else in the audience and getting WAY into everything [we all know how much I get into movies, tv shows and celebs, right? Well, just picture it all going down live. haha].  Let's just say I was noticed by people in the room--guaranteed. 

4.) Let's not forget to mention that they were all so cute which added to the fun factor.  Sure, Troy wasn't Zac Efron but he was adorable.  Gabriella, Sharpay, and OMG.. Ms. Darbus--SO perfect for the role.  And honestly, my eyes were stuck to Alex's character Zeke.  So funny, and so perfect.  His little crush on Sharpay and his love for baking was adorable and he did such an amazing job doing it and making me believe the character as a whole.  Some of his lines, facial expressions and all of his vocals were like, WHOA.  I was dying laughing through most of it--blew me away! 


Here's me with the little Wildcat himself!  I couldn't be more happy for him and can tell that he couldn't be happier.  There's nothing better than that!

and 5.) They aren't just doing HSM this summer.  They are also doing 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' and 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.'  If you want to read more about the shows or look at the schedule for the rest of the summer to plan a quick trip..click here

Oh, and if you go to one of the shows and you don't know Alex Trost, tell him I sent you.  He would love it and I would feel even more famous than I already do just for knowing the kid.  haha ;)

Even though I barely got to see Alex before and after the show, it was so worth going to support him and seeing all of the hard work that he's put into the Playmill this summer.  I'm planning on going again in August to see one of the other shows because well, it was THAT much fun.

Don't you just love it when your friends are super talented!?!


No comments: