Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Cursed? When it rains it Pours? Yep. Confirmed.

I'll just start.

I remember thinking last week that I was starting to get really comfortable with life. Things just seemed to be working out so well. The job was good, my baby nephew was here, friends were good..My life was just really comfortable.

Why is it that just when we think life gets comfortable that we desperately want a change? I remember thinking exactly that. Thinking that I needed a change. I shudder with regret at the thought.

This could be the ultimate pitty/"Wo is me" post but no one wants to hear that and honestly, I'm not looking for sympathy at all.  I just want you to be in the know :)

Here is goes:

Hell Week (watered down version)

Going to Idaho to see my BFF get married and my little nephew born was so great but I was ready to get back to work and back to see some of my Utah friends.  I decided that I would head back early morning on Wednesday so I could get back and shop, do laundry and spend the day with Cole since he had the day off.

Basically an hour and 30 minutes away from home...click, click, click.  putt, putt, putt.  BANG.  Something busted on my car.  If I only knew at that moment how bad the damage was, I would have left the car on the side of the road.  Of course I didn't know.  About 2 hours and $380 later, the old tow truck man picked me and the corolla up and dropped us off at the most GHETTO auto shop in Tremonton named Darryl's.  The name says it all.

I didn't think I was cursed until later down the road when this chain of events happened.  I'll talk fast.  Go with me on this.

Found out engine needed replaced.  Said engine=$2,000.  Not Worth it.  Cried. Decided this meant a new car.  Excited for a minute.  Anxiety.  Cried some more. Took ANOTHER day off. Car shopped.  Found beautiful/expensive car.  Convinced by father to find something cheaper.  Left car dealership. Frustrated.  Focused on breathing.  Car shopped online.  Black Berry shuts off.  Won't turn back on.  FREAKED out.  Upset.  Remembered I'm still car-less.  Walked sorry rear-end to AT&T store.  Super hot outside.  Embarrassed.  Super embarrassed.  Found out phone croaked.  Not due for upgrade until November.  Wanted to Die.  Got $10 flip phone.  Canceled $30 data package. SUUUUCKed at T9.  Walked home.  Still upset.  Sweating.  Got home.  Found old DINO Black Berry.    Disconnected from Fbook and internet on phone, say whhaaaaa?  Still car-less.  Cried some more.  A lot more.  Hung out with friends.  Briefly forgot about troubles. Fun.  Next Day. Drove hour to tremonton to get stuff out of car.  Auto guy forgot keys in car as promised.  Auto shop closed for the weekend.  Couldn't believe it.  Freaked out.  Anger.  Then laughter.  Still no car.  No apartment/mail keys....talked to padre about car situation. Maybe came up with solution.  Still cried some more.  Forgot about issues for day...

Whoa.

I honestly could have written a book just about the last 4 days but It's painful to even relive the super watered down, no detail version.  The word "Cursed" seems to be an understatement.

But you know what?  Today at church I realized that even though a lot of crazy crap went down over the last few days that seem to be the end of the world...and none of the issues have still been solved..it really isn't the end of the world.  I really do have a lot of things to be grateful for.  Sure, it's hard to see it when we are in our trial and being tested but everything that is happening to me right now just reconfirms the love that my Savior has for me.

Right now my life isn't comfortable and I'm OK with it.  I look at it as a way for me to learn and to grow.  Sure, I might not get the car that I want right now and I might want to give up sometimes and haven't worn make up in DAYS but I can choose to learn from everything and make smart decisions.  I have to.  I mean, this whole "curse"/crying thing is getting old.

Don't worry, I'll be fine and I'll keep you posted.  But it would be OK for you to mention me in your prayers :) OK, got to get some rest for the 4th of July festivities.  Another day to forget about real life and all the crap and time for Food, Friends, Fun, Freedom and Fireworks.

I will get back on track soon with awesome/meaningful posts but right now I've just got to figure crap out..

Things to remember.  You are never alone and Never give up.  Ever.

Ok, I'm rambling.  BYYYYEE

2 comments:

The Ure's said...

J-Dawg I'm so sorry you've had a week from hell. Hopefully things will start working out for you! You will most certainly be in my prayers! I love you Frez!

Savanna said...

Bless your heart! I will attest though that we have bad times to really enjoy the good ones right?! Love you, keep me posted!