Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time Out for Women Conference


This weekend was amazing. Mom, Nadine and Megan came into town to go to the "Time out for Women" conference with Jamie and I. We ended up going to the conference most of Saturday and it was well worth it. The seats were a little hard on the caboose but 4,000 women gathered together to hear from the fabulous speakers about hope, of Jesus Christ, of Women and of our role as mothers.
If you want to hear a great story, read Mariama Kallon's testimony/story. She spoke yesterday and her story of the things she has been through and where she came from is phenomenal. As she spoke I was overwhelmed with gratitude for everything I have been blessed with... I am so lucky.

After the conference we went to the Gateway Mall and well, Snow/slush and the outdoor mall do NOT mix. It was cold and wet. But we went to Happy Sumo's (I didn't get sushi but I just love that place!) and then we went to HP 7. It was a full house but thank goodness for reserved seating and for the guy who sat next to mom for being such a good sport during the snake scenes. Mom hates snakes but all in all.. she did better than I thought she would! The guy next to her, who was clearly on a date with his gf (they were holding hands before the preview started) offered to hold mom's hand when she got scared. Awkward. I think he said it with out thinking because his gf made a funny face about that one. I mean, my mom's good looking, of course she was a bit jealous.

All in all, it was a great weekend with the girls. I ate too much junk and stayed up later than usual but it was nice to have apartment guests! It will make staying home for Thanksgiving more bearable :)

Thanks girls for coming!! I LOVE YOU.



No comments: