Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aren't we all misfits in some way?

The other night I was over at the sister's house and they were watching the old classic "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." I, like you, remember watching this growing up; I'm sure I loved it. I mean, look how "happy" they are:

Wrong. This movie is sad. Although I appreciate its "Christmas spirit" and the fact that everything is made out of felt (pretty awesome)but I could go on and on about how sad the story line is...I won't bore you.

I will just say that any movie where parents (Donner and Doe partner) and other adult role models (Santa) who don't believe in their children just because they are a little bit different is not OK. The other reindeer where straight up mean. No reindeer games? NONE? And listen Santa.. you can't shut Rudy down because of his light-up snoz and then USE him when you're in trouble and expect that his emotional wounds just magically mend. Why couldn't you just except him from the beginning? rude.

And I won't EVEN start with Hermes the Elf. The little dude just wanted to be a dentist.

Aren't we all misfits in some way?

Alright, I'll stop--the movie will always be a classic and the song will always make me smile but that doesn't change it.

No comments: