He did a spur of the moment trip for his last mission companion's homecoming! When you are as good of friends as these Czech boys are.. it becomes a big get together, which is great. First, Alex and I drove to Centerville to meet up with one of his old companions to hike to a waterfall. Yeah, I said it, HIKE. It was just a little hike, but I will add that Alex did it in Flip Flops like a pro. Good thing we didn't go down the hill that we were going to hike down because we would have had some major injuries and we weren't about to have to carry someone out of there. BUT, we decided to go "right" and we made it to the waterfall on an easier path and it was gorgeous. We love nature!
oh... and we totally ran into a peacock on the way in. We wanted it to show us his feathers again, because we didn't get a picture of it. So, naturally, we started making peacock calls to see what we could get him to do and he talked to us!! I couldn't stop laughing because I totally love peacock noises. I've decided that if I had to be a bird, it would be a "peahen." (yeah, that's real, I googled it!) You can watch the video we made on my Facebook page!
After the nature hike, Alex and I went and changed and headed downtown SLC to meet up with more of his mission buddies. I totally crashed their man night, but it was worth it. 7 RM's and myself? Yes, Please! It was a gorgeous summer night, so we walked around downtown. The Arts Festival was going on which meant 1.)there were a bunch of crazies out and about and 2.)prime time for people watching!
Alex and I got separated from the rest of the guys for a while and within the 20 minutes of being separated, we talked to a nice foreign couple and the other guys in our group called the cops because some punks were shooting bottle rockets at them in a parking garage (sad I missed it, but glad I wasn't involved!) Then we rode the Trax back to our cars and ended the night. Oh, and I'll add that It took me an extra HOUR to get back to kaysville because of the ridiculous traffic. So I rolled down my window, cranked up the music and enjoyed the summer night!
OHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!! I love surprises!
2 comments:
THAT WAS SO FUN!
Seriously, so much fun! Alex will be here in August so next time, we'll have to Karaoke or go clubbing for REAL :)
Post a Comment