I will admit that I was really nervous for my first day of work. I don't know why. I guess just because it's something new. But I got up and got all ready for the day (which I haven't really done a lot of in the last two months..shh.. don't tell). I made myself a sack lunch and decided I was just going to go and be my happy/confident self!
The best thing is that they hired another girl for a 6 month temporary position so she is training with me! She's about my age, 24, and she just graduated from college, so it's basically great. So I have a new friend AND, most importantly, I didn't have to awkwardly eat lunch by myself on the first day, which eating by myself is always an insecurity of mine.. I need to work on that. But I still felt like the new kid at school. You know, the one that everyone eyes up and down trying to figure out where they came from and what their business is. Little do they know, I was doing the exact same thing to them! Over all, there are nice people who work there.
The way things are going to work is that there are 3 event planners plus myself. I am going to be over planning the Seminars primarily for the VA hospitals as well as planning various programs around the country. Today was just a lot of training with Amber, the head planner. We learned how to use the main programs as well as trying to get a hang of the whole planning and organizing process. I'll just say it's going to take a while to get organized as well as get the hang of everything.. but it will come!
Long story short though, I have an official FranklinCovey badge to get me into all of the doors, I have my own big desk with a new computer, phone and e-mail!! haha. It's going to be a little crazy going to "the office" everyday but I'm going to enjoy it (aside from the 30 minute commute, but that's only for a couple of months until I find my own place in a good area)!
Time to save/plan some trips!
OH and don't worry, I'm sure I will do something stupid soon.. so I will get back with some stories :)
No comments:
Post a Comment