I've never been to New York but I've always wanted to go. I would walk town the streets and shop pretending that I was on an episode of the City or Gossip Girl livin' large like they do..OK, except I wouldn't have the whole sex appeal, glamorous clothes, beautiful man friends and cash. My experience would probably be more like the one Julia Roberts had in Pretty Woman...minus the whole hooker thing.
Well, today I had my first real experience with New York. Being a FC meeting planner we work on seminars all over the country. Today I was given a 2 week update to work on at my desk ALL BY MYSELF. I opened the file and it was for a seminar at the Hilton in New York City, NY. I figured out all of my contacts and catering info and realized that our regular Host in NY couldn't make it for the particular date of the seminar. This meant that I had to call and hire a Temp to cover that date through the Temp Service. I totally made friendlies with my contacts in New York! ... It may not seem too big and I know it's only the beginning and I will be doing stuff like this EVERYDAY but today was the first time for me so I'm pretty happy about it.

Day 3 on the Job--Feeling of accomplishment and general coolness?..... CHECK!
1 comment:
Thank goodness for she's all that for giving us that amazing quote! As for going to NYC, DONE AND DONE!! I'm glad to see your job makes you happy, that makes me happy!
Post a Comment